Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can I please be unbanned from the soccer access request forum?

Options
  • 03-04-2009 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

Can't even remember why I was banned from it.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Did you drop the Mods a PM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Shmuck

Nah I had an argument with one of the mods on the forum and I'm afraid to ask them for re-entry, I was hoping someone here could just rubber stamp my access to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

You were banned from soccer access requests for saying the following to a soccer mod:
    One day I'm gonna find who you are, your name, your address, you're going to slip up man, and on that day I am going to come around to your home, and beat the **** out of you. I will genuinely put you in hospital, you will have broken limbs and massive bruising, maybe even scars.

How you are still posting on this site I will never know, but you will never get access to the soccer forum.

Ever.

Case closed.
    You will not be gaining access to that forum.
    And if I had been made aware of your comments at the time, I would have site banned you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Shmuck

Recklessone please don't post edited versions of my posts to make me look bad, either post the whole post or nothing at all. If you posted the whole of my post it would show my comments were clearly a joke. The person I was talking to even acknowledged this, and he was a mod.

• Advertisement

therecklessone
    Can you link me to the comment?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Beruthiel wrote: »
    therecklessone
    Can you link me to the comment?

A number of posts deleted, that quote is from the post deleted by Vexorg on this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=58222237#post58222237

And I got it wrong, he wasn't permabanned for that. His permaban came a month later for this:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58535268&postcount=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Hrmmm

It was actually me the comment was aimed at.

He was site banned, the poster posted in prison claiming it was meant to be humorous.

Given the absurdity of it, I took it at face value and Vexorg unbanned him with a warning.

That said, I'm not sure given our previous rapport, why you would think I'm unapproachable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Consider the lily.... :)

I took his comments to be a joke, but I was reading them knowing that in advance.
    Perhaps Vexorg just glanced at them and took them at face value. That can easily happen when you're a busy man and when you don't know someone, the judgment call can be more difficult.
    shmuck wrote:
    I would like to join the soccer forum. I have read the soccer forum charter and agree to abide by the rules of the soccer forum. The two identifier words are Hairy and Minge.

Well shmuck,
    what do you have to say about the above comment?
    I'm pretty sure, they were probably not the two identifier words....

• Advertisement
Advertisement