Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breathalyzer

Options
  • 03-04-2009 8:55pm

where could i find one for like maybe 30euro tops... this whole idea of getting caught the morning after is way too rough. i'd rather use a breathalyzer nd take the bus.

someone mentioned that zhivago had them or were they jus talkin shíte?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭sgthighway

I wouldn't trust them mate but I'm nearly sure I say them in Conboys or Cunniffes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

I wouldn't trust a re-usable €30 one to be honest. I got a proper digital one for €100 in the chemist in the Galway Shopping Center. Paid for itself that weekend!

There are disposable chemical ones that I've seen in some supermarkets for about €7, donno how accurate they'd be though.

100quid seems pretty rough... worth it tho. ebay maybe?

On-line's your best bet probably, though a quick ebay search isn't showing massive savings on the good ones. I would have done that except I needed it for the next day. The one I got is called the Alcologic Personal Breathalyzer.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Google throws up a few suggestions
    www.irishbreathalyzershop.ie
    www.alcologic.ie
    www.testers.ie/specs.htm

Seems alcologic can be bought in pharmacies.

• Advertisement

GalKiefer wrote: »
    On-line's your best bet probably, though a quick ebay search isn't showing massive savings on the good ones. I would have done that except I needed it for the next day. The one I got is called the Alcologic Personal Breathalyzer.
    i'll look it up.. and i live about a minute from the shoppin centre so i'll call into the pharmacy tomorrow.
    Magnus wrote: »
    thanking you.

is it bad that i jus hop on boards for all my answers now? :P

is it bad that i jus hop on boards for all my answers now?

I've started finding out important news stories from random threads... :eek::P

I remember life before Boards...vaguely...

the only news worth knowing is from after hours :cool:

it's worse when you start posting constantly... this is my 4th or 5th account now. jus glad that when i started work, the IT guys obviously post on it aswell since it's not blocked :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

That shouldnt be too hard, it was only november last year. :P

• Advertisement

Fracture wrote: »
    That shouldnt be too hard, it was only november last year. :P

Ya but I've a really short attention span...thingy... :p

fuk, according to the table on one of the links, i shouldn't have driven till about 3 or 4 o clock today.... :eek:

definately gettin a breathalyzer very soon.

Its scary how long alcohol stays in the system alright. First time I used mine I'd had a big night out the night before (pub/club/pints/shots) and waited until lunchtime the next day before getting the breathalyzer out to see if i could drive yet - I was still TWICE over the limit. At 9pm that night I still had enough alcohol in my system to get a low warning off the machine. :eek:

was readin in motors forum there, guy know's a guy who was quoted 14k for insurance after a driving ban...... bad buzz. even after the ban is over, i still couldn't drive cause of the insurance.

got one for 95 there in the pharmacy.. should be good craic havin drinkin competitions now :P

I can see it now:
    Random drinking buddie - "Man i was sooo wasted last night..."
    Deleted User - "Pssh, don't talk sh*te, sure you only blew a 0.6, I blew a 1.25..."

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement