Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Replacement for a 680i motherboard?

Options
  • 03-04-2009 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭

Hey guys I want replace my nVidia 680i board with a non-nvidia chipset. What would you recommend? I've been looking online but I find there are too many variables to take into account. I really don't want to get one that's 'worse' than the one I have now.

I don't mind if it's not SLI capable or only has one slot.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I have an asus p5q and find it quite good. If you are staying away from nvidia chipset you won't be able to get one with sli unless your using a core i7. Gigabyte boards are generally quite good.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Look for cheap P35s if you're on a very tight budget. P45 (or even a decent P43) are superior though.
    Gigabyte boards are generally quite good.

+1, although I've had less issues with MSI over the years so don't count them out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Cool, so would I be right in thinking any P45 is better than my 680i? And no, I'm not bothered about SLI...

Advertisement