Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday Brunch en route to Cork Airport?

Options
  • 03-04-2009 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Looking for somewhere nice to feed the family on Sunday morning, before heading for the airport. We have to be in the airport for 1pm.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

If you're not looking for cordon bleu, try empty pockets?

They share a building with the Travelodge at the interchange at the bottom of the hill.

Eddie Rocket's btw ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Keith in cork

Hi mate, not sure where your from and where yer coming from, but if ye pass midleton, SAGE REST on the main st. fantastic brunch menu, runs till 3. pancakes, a grilled brekkie, prawn curry, loads more and he starts at 11.

All their stuff is top notch, all fresh and prepared well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

But don't try to get something in between their arbitrary pause between changing menus, 12h30 to 13h00, only a scone and coffee etc available oh and they are expensive, the Grainary, La Triatoria or the Farmgate would be a good choice too if heading from the east.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

My OH and I have eaten at the Radisson Hotel a few times before flying.
    They do a good carvery/lunch/sandwich selection.
    Not too sure about kid's meals though..
    Only downside is the parking,it's pay by the hour.
    We've parked up in the long term airport car park and walked over to the hotel so it stays cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Fishy1

Hi all,
    Thanks a million for taking the time to reply. Plenty of suggestions there.

We'll be coming to Cork from the (not so sunny) south-east. Midleton suggestion sounds promising, but all other suggestions most welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Bull McCabes............about 200 metres beyond the Kinsale roundabout...its on the way to the airport. GREAT FOOD

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Keith in cork

Fishy1 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Thanks a million for taking the time to reply. Plenty of suggestions there.

We'll be coming to Cork from the (not so sunny) south-east. Midleton suggestion sounds promising, but all other suggestions most welcome.

Just to add, there is no break between brunch and lunch. brunch begining at 11 until 3, lunch from 12 until 3. both run alongside eachother.

http://www.sagerestaurant.ie/

This is their site, menus can be found. i've checked their brunch menu, its changed in the past 2 weeks, needs updating. the heuveos are something else!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Fishy1

I know that it's a long time since I put in my original query, but I just wanted to thank you all for your suggestions.

We called in to the Sage restaurant in Midleton & were very happy. Service was very pleasant & efficient, food was great etc. It set us up well for the flight we were taking :)

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Well thankfully they changed that because that used to be the situation, also the old owners were pants at running the place, well known at the time for good food but terrible service.

MC

Just to add, there is no break between brunch and lunch. brunch begining at 11 until 3, lunch from 12 until 3. both run alongside eachother.

This is their site, menus can be found. i've checked their brunch menu, its changed in the past 2 weeks, needs updating. the heuveos are something else!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭coleen

I am looking for similiar information. Looking for food on the way to the airport next Friday around lunch time 1-2pm. I was thinking about the cork international hotel has anyone tried the food there? Any other advice we will be travelling the south link from Macroom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Menu looks savage!!! Will be def giving that a go!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭curly from cork

food is nice at the airport int hotel but the service is shocking , allow LOADS of time for your food to arrive !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Bull McCabes............about 200 metres beyond the Kinsale roundabout...its on the way to the airport. GREAT FOOD

+1 but I seriously doubt they serve early on a Sunday morning do they? They do great lunches Mon-Fri alright.

Advertisement