Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Tocco Ultra

• 03-04-2009 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭

Hi

What is the general opinion on the above phone? Vodafone seem to have a good price on this at present as my contract is nearly up with 3 and I'm thinking of getting a new phone and can switch provider if desired.

Is it a new phone as there doesn't seem to be very much information available in relation to it.

Thanks in advance. :pac::pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

It's available on 3 also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Fair play to Vodafone for bringing it out so quickly here. Would it be too much to hope that things are changing re the usual 6-months-behind-the-UK crack?

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭0scar

Does anyone think it might be a good substitute for the C905 (for which I've held off using my vodafone upgrade just in case they ever decided to offer it). It doesn't have the Xenon flash which I would prefer, but the few reviews online of the camera itself have been reasonably favourable. Have never had a samsung handset before so have no idea what they're like to use. Then again it has no Wifi...... Sounds like I'm talking myself out of it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭SK1979

0scar wrote: »
    Does anyone think it might be a good substitute for the C905 (for which I've held off using my vodafone upgrade just in case they ever decided to offer it). It doesn't have the Xenon flash which I would prefer, but the few reviews online of the camera itself have been reasonably favourable. Have never had a samsung handset before so have no idea what they're like to use. Then again it has no Wifi...... Sounds like I'm talking myself out of it anyway!

The online reviews do seem pretty favourable, however, user comments seem to vary wildly. People either seem to be love or hate the phone. I think for me the good camera, style and (supposed) build quality are more important than some other negative comments (like it not being as good a media centre as some other phones) so I think I'll probably go with it.

However, like others I've never had a Samsung phone, so in general how easy do people find their phones to use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Does anyone think it might be a good substitute for the C905

I was considering changing as I was still within my 28 days but having used the Samsung for a while i'm sticking with the 905. The camera is way better and obviously wi-fi is a big thing. The samsung camera is good but only if you compare it to non-8mb phones.

It is a really nice phone other than that and the touch/slide was exactly what I was after.

• Advertisement

can I ask which provider you got the C905 with? Getting fed up with Vodafone, wouldn't change just to get a handset but I can't currently afford to buy the 905 Sim-free; all things considered I might just jump ship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Got them in but than had send them back as wrong software was put on them so got no chance to play around with one :(
    Looks nice though, always have a soft spot for sliders

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

can I ask which provider you got the C905 with? Getting fed up with Vodafone, wouldn't change just to get a handset but I can't currently afford to buy the 905 Sim-free; all things considered I might just jump ship.

Was in Carphone Warehouse today and the chap reckons it's only a matter of time before Vodafone offer the C905 with the C902 reaching end-of-life

Anyone got a better insight as I find some of the Sale Reps can waffle a bit?!

Any time I've asked in any of the shops, or asked Vodafone themselves, I've always got conflicting answers. What do they mean when they say that the C902 is nearing the end of its days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Any time I've asked in any of the shops, or asked Vodafone themselves, I've always got conflicting answers. What do they mean when they say that the C902 is nearing the end of its days?

Some shops don't have the C902 anymore, the website doesn't have it. If you can get the C902, it's down to them having them in stock. But they're not getting them in anymore from SE

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

What do they mean when they say that the C902 is nearing the end of its days?

They won't be selling it anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Any chance of the Ultra being available on Meteor, my dad's after it but doesn't want to switch network.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Hmm Samsung really are pulling out all the stops for this phone, £5m advertising campaign in the uk. Also details something we havent heard before which is the ''Fake Call'' feature.
    http://crave.cnet.co.uk/mobiles/0,39029453,49300953,00.htm

Advertisement