Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fulham vs. Liverpool Match Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,678 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Xavi6 wrote: »
    FFS, I called City to lose 2-0 and Benayoun to nick this game and put sweet fuck all on either.

The one bet I actually did went tits up.

:rolleyes:

ouch

that must hurt

I called benni scoring too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

if Carlsberg did late goals.....

If Villa do us a favour tomorrow, We could stay @ the summit for the next 7 games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Headshot wrote: »
    i put 20 on him ;)

win/win for you, well played ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

looder wrote: »

If Villa do us a favour tomorrow, We could stay @ the summit for the next 7 games

Well United would still have a game in hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,106 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

adox wrote: »

which is why he said for the next 7 games, till uniteds game in hand comes about

• Advertisement

win/win for you, well played ;)

I know:(:D

but to see the green makes up for it

but it doesnt really matter its in utd's hand too loose anyway

and liverpool deserved to win
    was really a great game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

adox wrote: »
    looder wrote: »

hence him saying 'could'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

redout wrote: »
    Jammy bastards.
    hope your talking about fulham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Ugh. Watching that game was the equivalent of seducing a beautiful woman, taking her back to your apartment and then just when you think it's your lucky day she hits you in the balls and runs off.

Sometimes I hate this bloody game.

Ugh. Watching that game was the equivalent of seducing a beautiful woman, taking her back to your apartment and then just when you think it's your lucky day she hits you in the balls and runs off.

or the crying game

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not sure how about 15 shots on goal and 4 (?) off the woodwork can be considered jammy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭A7X

exactly how i felt.... checking the tele text constantly in hope... hearing on skysports news that there is 2 minutes left... then bang.. :(

But like Headshot said, it's United's to lose, just hope we don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

It's gonna be horrible watching the United match tomorrow. Ní maith liom pressure. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Definitely wasnt lucky. Was deserved 100%.

creggy wrote: »
    It's gonna be horrible watching the United match tomorrow. Ní maith liom pressure. :(

bringing some culture to the forum ehh :D

Is maith liom caca milis;)

cailín bainne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

WOOOOOOOOOT.

Nerve racking stuff. Things are getting very interesting now. Its still Uniteds to lose, but they are under a lot of pressure.

Whats encouraging though is that we are going into the last run of games practically injury free, and with lots of players in good form (Benayoun, Riera, Gerrard, Alonso, Reina etc).

bringing some culture to the forum ehh :D

Is maith liom caca milis;)

an bhfuil cead agam dul go dti an leigherus?

kinda apt after that game...

Was impressed yet again by Insua, looks like an absolutely massive prospect. Could see him being future Liverpool and Argentina LB for years to come.

Tusky wrote: »
    WOOOOOOOOOT.

Nerve racking stuff. Things are getting very interesting now. Its still Uniteds to lose, but they are under a lot of pressure.

Whats encouraging though is that we are going into the last run of games practically injury free, and with lots of players in good form (Benayoun, Riera, Gerrard, Alonso, Reina etc).

couldn't agree more with this.

Reina just looks so solid right now. his days of flapping, even at the odd cross, are long gone. I've so much confidence in him.

Alonso also needs praise for today. A few misplaced passes alright but he dictated things wonderfully for most of the game. And Insua, I praised him during the game, but I just don't worry when the ball gets to him, or if a winger runs at him. So assured for one so young and relatively inexperienced. Massive prospect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Why this song is going through my mind is beyond me.

what a victory massive three points.
    also good to see us not relying on the same players,torres and gerrard were very quiet.
    excellent performance from alonso and i thought babel did well when he came on.

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    an bhfuil cead agam dul go dti an leigherus?

ta ?:D

what a victory massive three points.
    also good to see us not relying on the same players,torres and gerrard were very quiet.
    excellent performance from alonso and i thought babel did well when he came on.

i agree with everything apart from babel.

his gutless moment when he tried to walk around a few players when the shot was on was hopeless. he just flatters to deceive all the time. he looks like he could be a beast in some games but never really manages to do anything of note anymore.

i'm still willing to give him more time though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I don't know how many more of these last gasp winners I can take.. I really do wish we had the quality to kill games of sooner too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I don't know how many more of these last gasp winners I can take.. I really do wish we had the quality to kill games of sooner too.
    ehh

Madrid 0 - 4 Pool
    United 1 - 4 Pool
    Villa 0 - 5 Pool

SlickRic wrote: »

his gutless moment when he tried to walk around a few players when the shot was on was hopeless. he just flatters to deceive all the time. he looks like he could be a beast in some games but never really manages to do anything of note anymore.

If it wasnt for Babel, we wouldnt have scored. Take a look at the goal again and watch Babel in the build up.

Dave! wrote: »
    ehh

Madrid 0 - 4 Pool
    United 1 - 4 Pool
    Villa 0 - 5 Pool

and 4 off the goalframe today. Could easily have been a scoreline like the others.

Delighted with today. Pool did only get the 1 goal today, but sooooo many great chances were being created that it looks like we're still on form after the break.

Pepe could have had another assist had the ref not been an idiot and just played advantage

I would worry a little about some of the wasted opportunities, Dossena's header, Torres header, Torres 1V1 off the post, Yossi's side netting, but at the same time, we're still making more chances then at any other point in the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Dave! wrote: »
    ehh

Madrid 0 - 4 Pool
    United 1 - 4 Pool
    Villa 0 - 5 Pool

This game today was extremely close to being another 0 - 0 game whereby we created more than enough chances to win the game but ultimately couldn't put the ball in the net.

Ultimately though, we done what was needed in the end and I am obviously delighted.

Tusky wrote: »
    If it wasnt for Babel, we wouldnt have scored. Take a look at the goal again and watch Babel in the build up.

fair enough if he was heavily involved in the goal. to be honest i was too busy pacing around to notice much apart from the finish. he's still too frustrating at times and nothing more than an impact sub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Not be seeing boggles today then ? :)
    Oh sweet jesus thank god for that

• Advertisement

lol @ deluded scousers "We're gonna win the league" :D:D
    Sig material locked in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

fair enough if he was heavily involved in the goal. to be honest i was too busy pacing around to notice much apart from the finish. he's still too frustrating at times and nothing more than an impact sub.

i dont like him at all, okay he did well for the goal but other than that he was head down and kick it. he should have at least took the shot.
    i think his attitude stinks and he offers very little. with benni and dossena and riera in the squad we could move babel on in the summer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

couldnt care about the criticism.
    we deservedly won 0-1

the milky bars are on me

I would argue that he has never had a steady run of games and whenever he has palyed in his preferred position (up front) he has impressed. Definitely hot and cold, but hes a young player being brought on at the end of games with a lot of pressure to perform. But thats a discussion for another day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Babel has a bit of Baros about him. I think he tries to hard sometimes, and is in general a bit too greedy (he is a striker though).

Babel was involved in the goal but overall his attitude and desire stick out like a sore thumb in this squad. Had a barny rubble last season with a Utd fan over who was the best prospect out of Babel and Nani. Can say now i was way wrong and Nani looks the better player. If that's not an indication of how bad his performances are this season then nothing is. Insua to me looks like the find of the season for us and should he get the games he deserves will turn out to be young player of the year next season. Simply awesome defender the way he reads the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

*pulls on villa jersey* :p

A much needed win to keep the pressure on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

mike65 wrote: »
    Its either feast or famine on the goals scoring front.

I actually left the room and sat here with the radio off, hitting F5. How sad am I?

Your ok Mike, I feel your pain. I got up in tha attic to have a root around for a cable rather than wtach.:)

Babel has a bit of Baros about him. I think he tries to hard sometimes, and is in general a bit too greedy (he is a striker though).

this is a decent comparison I think. although Babel has a lot of positive attributes, he's a headless chicken with very little composure at times.

i still think he'll come good, I just hope it will be at Liverpool.

Tusky, I agree he hasn't had a huge run of games but we should be seeing more imo. as you say though, its a discussion for another day.

also came away from today with no injurys or no suspensions which is another big plus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

It really gets on my fcking tits when fellow reds fans first point of attack is ryan babel. If the same people would acknowledge that kuyt was sh1te for the whole game it would be fair enough but no, lets fckin tear into the guy who has to come on and produce miracles every week on the back of the team who cant produce a goal in the previous 75 mins.

Take 2 seconds to look at benny again today and compare it to kuyt, who offered nothing in attack. It really is fckin sad to see this sh1t, every week we struggle to score, lets tear into the guy who gets so little game time and is on the pitch as a late sub.

Babel is young and will come good and the fans who boo him aswell as lucas can fcuk off out of anfield as far as im concerned.

Apologies for the semi rant.

• Advertisement

daithijjj wrote: »
    It really gets on my fcking tits when fellow reds fans first point of attack is ryan babel. If the same people would acknowledge that kuyt was sh1te for the whole game it would be fair enough but no, lets fckin tear into the guy who has to come on and produce miracles every week on the back of the team who cant produce a goal in the previous 75 mins.

Take 2 seconds to look at benny again today and compare it to kuyt, who offered nothing in attack. It really is fckin sad to see this sh1t, every week we struggle to score, lets tear into the guy who gets so little game time and is on the pitch as a late sub.

Babel is young and will come good and the fans who boo him aswell as lucas can fcuk off out of anfield as far as im concerned.

Apologies for the semi rant.
    Never heard Babel being booed? Lucas by a certain amount of twats yes but never Babel. Anyway's calm down for god's sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

400 euro thank you benni
    What were the odds?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

We hit the wood work 4 times, along with more chances, thats mostly down to bad luck but yeah i cant take many more of these late winners, from a sck stomach to euphoria is mad :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

CyberWaste wrote: »
    What were the odds?
    16-1

Highsider wrote: »
    Never heard Babel being booed? Lucas by a certain amount of twats yes but never Babel. Anyway's calm down for god's sake.

Well, we have all heard lucas beeing booed regularly, there was 35,000 booing him at home to fulham. If babel got as much time on the pitch as lucas then people might notice it more, ive heard babel being abused and hes been on the pitch less than 5 mins as a sub. Watching games on tv and being at the game is completely different, you get more of the crowd interaction with the team and babel has been booed, that comment on booing above was a general comment not related to todays game.

Im totally calm btw:), it just beggars belief some of the sh1TE thats written on these boards and on the odd occasion i feel compelled to give my 2cents.

CyberWaste wrote: »
    What were the odds?

as dave said 16-1 and i had liverpool 1-0 win at 9-2

liverpool 1-0 was suppose to be 5-1 but pp changed while i was betting
    the bastards:pac:

Well, we have all heard lucas beeing booed regularly, there was 35,000 booing him at home to fulham. If babel got as much time on the pitch as lucas then people might notice it more, ive heard babel being abused and hes been on the pitch less than 5 mins as a sub. Watching games on tv and being at the game is completely different, you get more of the crowd interaction with the team and babel has been booed, that comment on booing above was a general comment not related to todays game.

Im totally calm btw:), it just beggars belief some of the sh1TE thats written on these boards and on the odd occasion i feel compelled to give my 2cents.
    i was at that game and i think it was more the fact that he had replaced alonso that he was getting booed,he was far better than macherano on the day its just he is an easy target.he did well today without being brilliant and was definatly better than torres gerrard and kuyt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Stats

Possession 49%/51%
    Shots on target 1/11
    Shots off target 2/10
    Corners 3/7
    Fouls 8/10

i was at that game and i think it was more the fact that he had replaced alonso that he was getting booed,he was far better than macherano on the day its just he is an easy target.he did well today without being brilliant and was definatly better than torres gerrard and kuyt

You have a point there kingshankly but it says alot about the type of fans at anfield these days too. Liverpool fans used to be regarded as the most 'knowledgable' fans around but there is a new brigade able to get their hands on tickets and shout dogs abuse at some of the younger players, i just wish they would do us all a favour and stay at home, young players dont need the fans on their back.

Well, we have all heard lucas beeing booed regularly, there was 35,000 booing him at home to fulham. quote]

I've heard eggagerations in my time but that takes the biscuit !

Great result today, I think every one of our games in April are before united's which is good.

YNWA

• Advertisement
Advertisement