Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fulham vs. Liverpool Match Thread

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭kingshankly

every club has them daithijjj,brilliant display by our fans today i thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

rarnes1 wrote: »
    daithijjj wrote: »
    Well, we have all heard lucas beeing booed regularly, there was 35,000 booing him at home to fulham. quote]

I've heard eggagerations in my time but that takes the biscuit !

Great result today, I think every one of our games in April are before united's which is good.

YNWA

34,999 then if it makes you any happier:rolleyes:

every club has them daithijjj,brilliant display by our fans today i thought

Ah yea, agreed. I just went off on a tangeant with the booing comment coz i was irked by some comments i read here, will draw a line under that now.

Again, for me, insua is coming on great imo, saw him play at the u-20 world cup for argentina and have always been a fan of his game since then, he has the goods to be a top player imo.

i must be the only one who isnt excited about insua,aurelio is by far the best left back at the club at the moment and i know insua is only young but he would want to be exceptional to replace aurelio who imo when fit is one of the better left fulls around

i must be the only one who isnt excited about insua,aurelio is by far the best left back at the club at the moment and i know insua is only young but he would want to be exceptional to replace aurelio who imo when fit is one of the better left fulls around

I think they are both better than djimi traore :);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Liverpool are so boring...

Benitez is so negative...

They're a lucky team...

Just 1 poxy goal against a team like Fulham...

They'll crack...

etc. etc.

Well done Pool. Championship winning stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,106 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Insua for me, for the kid that he is, is as exciting a prospect as Rafael is for ManU.

No, he's not as good as Aurelio, but then not many are. Aurelio (when fit) imo is right up there with the best in the league imo, i'd only have Evra ahead of him, and on a par with Clichy and Cole. His only problem is his fitness, and what an understudy to have in Insua!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Just home.....what can I say but be still my beating heart,and maybe one other thing..

YOOOOOOSSI!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Well it's nice to have good depth at the position. I'm very comfortable with either tbh, certainly in a lot better shape with the position now than at the start of the season.

Fully deserved victory. Played with a lot of zip and purpose yet again, and it would have been a travesty if we hadn't of won. Fulham were second best all over the park for the entire game. The game was played on our terms from start to finish, and a bucket load of clear opportunities were created. Yes the goal was late and there was a lucky ricochet in the build up - but it was thoroughly deserved.

It's not just that it has been five wins in a row. It's now been five excellent performances in a row. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Well it's nice to have good depth at the position. I'm very comfortable with either tbh, certainly in a lot better shape with the position now than at the start of the season.

Fully deserved victory. Played with a lot of zip and purpose yet again, and it would have been a travesty if we hadn't of won. Fulham were second best all over the park for the entire game. The game was played on our terms from start to finish, and a bucket load of clear opportunities were created. Yes the goal was late and there was a lucky ricochet in the build up - but it was thoroughly deserved.

It's not just that it has been five wins in a row. It's now been five excellent performances in a row. :)

Pity it took an awful one at Boro to kick start it. Imagine the poshibilities a win there would have presented us with right about now:(.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Stekelly wrote: »
    Pity it took an awful one at Boro to kick start it. Imagine the poshibilities a win there would have presented us with right about now:(.......

Xabi-Alonso_1932347.jpg

Yup. Unlucky owngoal and a glaring miss from El Zahr away from an actual shot at the title. Thems the margins though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Seems April Fools Day has been extended to the weekend

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nFT1GK7PqI

Ive been had :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=223359.0;attach=168662;image

:cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

You have a point there kingshankly but it says alot about the type of fans at anfield these days too.

no it doesnt. talking out ur bum tbh. u have NO IDEA about the "type of fans" that are following liverpool atm aside from a few over excited voices on these forums. relax

Jazzy wrote: »
    no it doesnt. talking out ur bum tbh. u have NO IDEA about the "type of fans" that are following liverpool atm aside from a few over excited voices on these forums. relax

Ive been to anfield roughly 30 times in the last 4 seasons, some of the posts on here are a reflection of the sentiments you see at the ground. Your statement, which has some sort of clairovoyance attached to it in regard to what i have seen and heard:cool:, is immature. If you care to expand on how you know that my opinion is solely based on posts in this forum, feel free to grace me with those and i will get back to you some other time as im going to bed and any replies either of us make will be going further topic.

• Advertisement

Jazzy wrote: »
    unless you know daithijjj personally how can you possibly say what he does or doesn't know bit of a naive statement tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

I just want to give praise to both Dossena and Lucas.Both looked very good yesterday and what Marcotti said seems to be true,Dossena has never played as an orthodox left back but as a wing back with defensive cover behind him.

Oh and regarding the booing thing,Lucas was booed by a large section of the crowd that night and has been on other occasions.It is a bad reflection on the type of fans now going to games but the away fans yesterday were fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I thought that goal would never come and we went absolutely mental in the boozer. Especially because there was one Man U fan amongst us and he was giving it loads. His face when Yossi score=priceless.:D

Oh and lol at Tim Sherwood. He couldn't bring himself to say anything positive about Liverpool at half time or full time. I think he's worried that his "He's having a laugh if still thinks he has a chance of winning the league" comment a few weeks ago will come back to bite him on the ass.:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Ive been to anfield roughly 30 times in the last 4 seasons, some of the posts on here are a reflection of the sentiments you see at the ground. Your statement, which has some sort of clairovoyance attached to it in regard to what i have seen and heard:cool:, is immature. If you care to expand on how you know that my opinion is solely based on posts in this forum, feel free to grace me with those and i will get back to you some other time as im going to bed and any replies either of us make will be going further topic.

i may have been drunk and wrong alright.

dont worry, paying the price now with a big hungover head on me and an ink stamp on my hand of a club which i dont know... and no1 is around to cook me brekfast. the effort involved in sausage cooking will kill me. think i might as well sit here and listen to powerful 80's rock until the pain goes away.

1 - 0 tho \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Speaking of hangovers, me head not so good, but have the comfort of 300 smackeroos from the Grand National yesterday sponsoring the beer I currently have in front of me :).

Edge of the seat stuff the game yesterday, a huge, huge win. Thought it was gonna be one of those games, but again another late winner.

Oh, and Yossi smells :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement