Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on travelling abroad.

• 03-04-2009 10:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Hey there,
    Apologies if there's a thread for this already, but I couldn't spot a sticky.
    Anyway, I'm a seventeen year old fifth year student, and I'm quite interested in travelling abroad for an extended period over the next few years. Not entirely sure how long for, maybe a summer, six months, or a year if I'm adventurous. Ideally, I'd be going to Canada, New Zealand, Australia, or possibly the States.
    However, I'm not entirely sure how I'd go about this. I imagine it couldn't be an extremely difficult process, but I'd love some advice and perhaps stories from people who have done it/are doing it. Preferably things, like the general cost to get there, cost of living, how to raise money etc.
    Also, the general age people tend to do this. And of course, opinions on the countries you have visited.

I could probably look most of this up online, but I'd like to get a bit of feedback from people who actually experienced it.

Cheers for the help!
    Aaron.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,608 ✭✭✭breadmonkey

Well as you say it really isn't that difficult at all. Just choose where you want to go and book your ticket. To be honest, I think you're going to find it extremely difficult, if not impossible, to raise the money if you're still in school.

As for countries, you'll have to do a search. There are zillions of threads in this forum about zillions of countries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Oh no, I don't plan on doing this now. I mean in a few years time. I'm just interested in how other people do it for the moment.

Advertisement