Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plastering some walls of the house

Options
  • 03-04-2009 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭

Hey. I recently rewired a house, so its needs to be replastered. I applied for the government insulation grant, so that covers most walls.

The remaining walls arent that bad, they only have some spots where there was wiring chasing. Can I get a plasterer to just reskim these parts? or for chasing do you need to polybond and replaster? Im was thinking if you reskim over chasing you will see it, kinda rough like.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Its very easy to plaster up chases, if the two sides of the chase are level/straight.... Its no harm to use a coat of poly bond / water before you do anything, as this prevents what ever you put on, drying too quickly at the interface....

If the gap is very large you could use bonding to make up some of the space, then use some profin or skimming plaster to bring up level with either side of the chase...

Advertisement