Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Assignments - Multiple Photos in Post

• 03-04-2009 10:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I see that the rules of the assignments allow multiple photos in a post. Could I suggest that this be changed to 1 photo per post, and allow multiple posts per assignment (which is already the case).

Sometimes when there are 2 or more photos posted and I only really like 1 I don't like giving thanks (even though I do anyway), or to phrase it better, I'd prefer to be able to give more specific thanks. If I like all the photos in a post I'd happy thank each one individually.

What do people think... I'm not trying to be b*tchy, or change things arbitrarily or anything, I just think, even from a personal perspective, the poster would learn more about their photo's if the thanks were on an individual level, rather than 1 thanks given for a handful of photos?

Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Yap, I do actually agree with this... So the "rules" (given before every assignment) shoud be:

* Photo's are to be related to the given task.
    * Assignments will run for 2 weeks (closing date: _______).
    * Multiple posts/photo's allowed for the assignment. BUT they must be posted as a seperate reply in order to establish which one people prefer better.
    * Next task/subject to be choosen by person who has the most thanks after their post (must include a picture in the post ).
    * No negative feedback allowed! Constructive comments are allowed.
    * Choosen subject/task has to have relevance towards the learning process
    * And the most important one: Enjoy yourself whilst you're at it, don't be afraid of showing your photos and hopefully get some wonderful results!!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Spot on!! Y'know I thought that but didn't know how to word it. Post as many as you like...just not in the same post.

So sNarah for the new thread (I'm on it) do I have to write all that out or is there an easy clicky kinda route to get those rules up?

Let's get strict on old photos too. It negates the notion. And pro discussion of photos? Good idea?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Makes much more sense!

Excuse me while I just go back in and edit............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

humberklog wrote: »
    Spot on!! Y'know I thought that but didn't know how to word it. Post as many as you like...just not in the same post.

Hi all.

Can I suggest that the max number of entries per person be limited to say 2 or poss 3? (I'd prefer 2, it makes it harder to choose for the poster!)

This would help avoid flooding the threads.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

So sNarah for the new thread (I'm on it) do I have to write all that out or is there an easy clicky kinda route to get those rules up?

Let's get strict on old photos too. It negates the notion. And pro discussion of photos? Good idea?

Omg!!!!

Hold Left click > drag mouse over text > Right click on highlighted text & hit copy > Start new thread > Right click > paste...

Bobs yer aunties husband

Blonde much humber!?

I nearly tripped over still laughing as I retrieved a bottle from the car. (really!!).
    But good ideas all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

That's it! Go on then, been waiting for this new assignment since 2PM now ;)

Yap, pics to be taken within the time given for the assignment since the tread started off to be for inspiration for people that needed it and as a activity for us to get out and take pics for a specific subject!
    Hi all.

Can I suggest that the max number of entries per person be limited to say 2 or poss 3? (I'd prefer 2, it makes it harder to choose for the poster!)

This would help avoid flooding the threads.

Cheers
    Mmmmh, I don't quite agree on this one... see, because it us to inspire peope to do certain types of photography, they might post some in the first 2 days, go at it again after seeing some other examples and improve. So, no, me personally, will have to stick with unlimited replies, unless anyone else objects? (the assignments aren't that 'popular' anyways)
    Omg!!!!

Hold Left click > drag mouse over text > Right click on highlighted text & hit copy > Start new thread > Right click > paste...

Bobs yer aunties husband

Blonde much humber!?

Lol :D
    I nearly tripped over still laughing as I retrieved a bottle from the car. (really!!).
    But good ideas all the same.

Didn't hurt yerself I hope? :rolleyes:

I'll get over it....it's a top notch Cote De Rhone. Pain's less important than spillage (and it was very, very funny).
    I'm with you too on the amount of photos. There's nothing I could add to your rfesponse other than go...yeah! That's what it's about!
    Take as many and be yourself. It's also good show as it's not thenking the poster but the post. It's a whole new dawn!!

But I'm with you fully on this. It can be very enjoyable, educational and endeavouring to be pointed in a direction. I'm cool with the amount...just not in the same fripping post!!

Advertisement