Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I found a bag of rubbish...

Options
  • 03-04-2009 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭

As some here may know, I like walking up around the Hell Fire Club, Killakee/Dublin Mountains area... Recently I've noticed a big increase number of bags of rubbish being taken to to this area and dumped illegally, by scabby c*nts who are too mean to buy a bintag. This area for those that don't know it, is a beautiful countryside mountain area in south Dublin, but recently it's been blighted by burnt out cars and people dumping rubbish illegally.

So yesterday I drove up to the Hell Fire Club car park and parked my car up there and went for a walk. There were no bags of rubbish on the road on my way up. I went for my walk and got into my car and taking the same route home, I was barely out of the car park area and came across 3 bags of rubbish that were several bags of rubbish in the left hand lane of the road and were definitely not there two hours earlier.

I stopped and got out and had a look, and it looked like the bags had been thrown out of a moving car or van, as one had busted open on hitting the ground, or possibly another car had contacted it. Anyway, there looking back at me was an Eircom bill!

I took the three bags of rubbish and put them behind a nearby wall and took the Eircom bill home... Now I'm in two minds as to what to do here... I can report the matter to the Co. Council (was already onto the Gardai who said they don't want to know, or in their own words, "not our problem, contact your local authority")...

So I'm left with 3 choices, well 2 really...

(1) Do nothing, not my style...

(2) Report to County Council...

(3) Take said bags of rubbish and disperse on front garden lawn of address as stated on Eircom bill...

Personally I'm with option 3...

Just looking for other opinions on this....
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Litter Warden ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Cathy666

Option 3 would be the most amusing. Although option 2 would be the sensible thing to do. I'd go for the third option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Option 3 may see you getting the littering fine, not the original person.
    That's if you're caught in the act!
    How are your ninja skills Darragh :cool:

Contact the local authority is the sensible option and what I would choose

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Darragh29 wrote: »
    and it looked like the bags had been thrown out of a moving car or van, as one had busted open on hitting the ground

Too much CSI imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Option 3 with pics please! You have a golden opportunity here mate, whatever you do seize the opportunity!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

My opinion is that illegal dumpers are rather stupid leaving an eircom bill in the bag.

Even if the county council didn't find it, some undesirables might find the bill and use it for identity thief.

Darragh, i feel your angry. I saw someone throw a take away tray (kinda thing garlic chips come in) on the ground on Henry st when they were in arms reach of a bin. I just don't understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Pay the bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

mikemac wrote: »
    Option 3 may see you getting the littering fine, not the original person.
    That's if you're caught in the act!
    How are your ninja skills Darragh :cool:

Contact the local authority is the sensible option and what I would choose

I'd wear a balaclava! I reckon option 2 is for losers! Cutbacks, blah blah blah, nothing will get done...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

that shredder's the best thing i ever bought!!:pac:

option 2 OP unfortunately:rolleyes:

cornbb wrote: »
    Option 3 with pics please! You have a golden opportunity here mate, whatever you do seize the opportunity!

You know I think I will. I've kind of already made up my mind, I'm just looking for second opinions...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

option 2, with a letter addressed to the dumper letting them know.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Post the details online and offer to send the Eircom bill to anyone that wants it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Ring RTE radio's Drivetime programme and bring them with you as you politely return it to the person who owns it. This person may not have done the littering - it may have been 'disposed of' by an agent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Highsider

Pay the bill.

Or I could write to Eircom and cancel his phone line & broadband connection, but he wouldn't make the connection (no pun intended!), with that course of action and his dumping his rubbish up the mountains...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Nah my idea is better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

I'd go with Option 3 as well. Be aware, though, you might get done for littering if the neighbours report you:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭Whosbetter?

This could be a case for 'Face Kicker'

Where is he when you need him?

give us the address and we'll all dump our rubbish on their doorstep for a week

This could be a case for 'Face Kicker'

Where is he when you need him?

probably banned. i can imagine him now kickin himself cause he can't post itt.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Cathy666

Lol. Brilliant, I nearly fell off the chair laughing :D

This is the kind of "fast effect" justice we can hope for in a recession!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Beleive it or not. You have made the situation worse.

1. If the bill was the only evidence you have taken it from the site.
    2. If you report the evidence it will be asked how do you know. When you say you took the bill it will become their word against yours
    3. You may not believe this but the law assumes now that person is innocent and you are in possession of their identity. You can be done for identity theft.

Although that said report the fcukers. They are onlu scum. Its the state of the country we are in and the problem is getting worse

I know thw are you walk..its lovely

Beleive it or not. You have made the situation worse.

1. If the bill was the only evidence you have taken it from the site.
    2. If you report the evidence it will be asked how do you know. When you say you took the bill it will become their word against yours
    3. You may not believe this but the law assumes now that person is innocent and you are in possession of their identity. You can be done for identity theft.

Although that said report the fcukers. They are onlu scum. Its the state of the country we are in and the problem is getting worse

I know thw are you walk..its lovely

Exactly, this is why I think I should run with option 3! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Darragh29 wrote: »
    Exactly, this is why I think I should run with option 3! ;)

Cool I just looked back at the option I like that one.

Can I give you a better idea. Wait until there is a **** load of rubbish there and leave the bill in amoungst it. That will sort it..... Then for good measures throw a couple of bags over their lawn and pour lard down their drains......:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Only joking dont get upset I admire your sense of pride Its not worth getting upset over them,

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Option 3! Option 3! Option 3!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Scan the bill and link it then, it'll be all over the place in no time at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Give their name/address to An Posts direct marketing division...and Option 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Even if the county council didn't find it, some undesirables might find the bill and use it for identity thief..

Thief there Identity!That will show them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I'd call all the numbers on their phone bill and let everyone know that they should be at this persons address at a certain time. Then when the crowd arrives hand them back their rubbish. Nothing like a bit of shame!

Advertisement