Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I found a bag of rubbish...

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Boards.ie does not condone illegal activity including all the actions mentioned in this thread.

Why were you looking through rubbish bins?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I'm aware of the contents of green bins being robbed, bagged, and dumped illegally to get the bin owner fined etc.

If the contents of your green bin gets robbed report it to the Garda and have it recorded, the litter warden may come a knocking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Burn down the gaf!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I was cycling up past view point (Beside the hellfire club) and the amount of rubbish lying about the place was unbelievable, There was waste from tradesmen and bottles everywhere, I actually had to turn around it was that bad.

I know someone that dumped up the mountains and left a bill lying in it, The feds actually went through rubbish in the area he dumped in and he received a bill a few weeks later. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Darragh have you decided what you're going to do?

keep us informed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I know 2 people who have carried out option three.:cool:
    It certainly gets amazing results.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

2 and/or 3. Take one bag , dump it in the garden, report the other 2 to the council.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Lads in my old job found a bag of rubbish in the green bin, after sifting through it they found a turned down job application from Dell. One of the lads copied the letter headed paper and wrote back to the same guy telling him that Dell had reconsidered his application and that he was to ask for Mike Hunt in person at the reception. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

Removing the Eircom Bill means the local authority will more than likely not remove the bags as you have ` tampered` with the evidence! Ridiculous but true! You should have just taken the information from the bill and then put it back in the bags.

It would be great to have a name and shame situation for those fined for dumping rubbish. Something similar to the tax defaulters.

If it was me, I would have taken pics of the rubbish (with the Eircom bill) and the background of the place,then put them in the boot of the car, and brought them back to where they originated! Other than that, you could photocopy the bill, send it in the post to the owner and tell them that you have brought the matter to the attention of the community warden!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭sinlessgunner

I work in Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council although the area you are talking about might be South Dublin's jurisdiction. If its the Dun Laoghaire area you are in I would advise reporting it. The litter wardens are pretty good. Only thing is though I think you might need photo evidence of the bags or something..... I'm not fully aware of the legal side of things.

Edit: Just seen the previous post. You should def write a letter to the person anonymously give them a fright!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Actually yeah, you could just write a letter yourself and post it off to them

Something to make them sh*t their pants :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭blue-army

Post the phone number on here!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Blue we asked that a few back but the mod wont allow it, Perhaps he can PM it to us all.

Phone No,
    Eircom account no,

Jasus we can have a great laugh!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Darragh29 wrote: »
    (was already onto the Gardai who said they don't want to know, or in their own words, "not our problem, contact your local authority")...

off topic but if that's what they actually said it really annoys me. "Not our problem"...sounds like children fighting over who has to do the dishes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    I was cycling up past view point (Beside the hellfire club) and the amount of rubbish lying about the place was unbelievable, There was waste from tradesmen and bottles everywhere, I actually had to turn around it was that bad.

I know someone that dumped up the mountains and left a bill lying in it, The feds actually went through rubbish in the area he dumped in and he received a bill a few weeks later. :D

This is what is doing my head in. I live at the foot of this hill (Montpelier Hill), and this is where I go for a walk at least 3-4 times a week. It is the most beautiful part of Dublin County I think, except for the fact that it is used as a dump by a small minority of sh*theads who think it's grand to bring their rubbish up here and f*ck it out onto the road.

You have to ask what the f*ck are the Co. Council doing??? Is it asking too much for someone to use a bit of f*cking initiative and put up some hidden surveillance to catch what are no doubt the same people illegally dumping rubbish in the same place, week in and week out??? Hit them with a 3K penalty and make an example out of them. All lost for the want of some initiative on the part of public sector MUPPETS who are living in la la land in the Co. Council. The same lazy c*nts are complaining that they are not properly funded by central government, maybe if they got up off their poxy arses and started challenging people who flout the law by illegally dumping rubbish in the county and hit some of them for 3K a go, then they would have more money.

EDIT. I'll be walking up this way later and I'll take my camera and show you all the absolute state of the place from illegal dumping.... Pics to follow this evening...
    :mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭blackgold>>

did you take photos? Did you dump the rubish?
    I was glued to this thread you should let us know....:)

yeah Darragh, whats the story?

I hope you did two or three.
    I so agree with you, its disgraceful what some people do. I see people standing beside bins, and still dropping the rubbish everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭Lilyblue

Ring Joe Duffy...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Lilyblue wrote: »
    Ring Joe Duffy...
    In soviet russia Joe Duffy ring you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

All joking aside, he does actually.

They solicit "callers" well in advance.

• Advertisement

lol BRILLIANT lol :))))

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Darragh29 wrote: »

(3) Take said bags of rubbish and disperse on front garden lawn of address as stated on Eircom bill...

Personally I'm with option 3...

Pics/vid ftw :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Shacklebolt

All joking aside, he does actually.

They solicit "callers" well in advance.

Last summer a letter of mine was published in the Irish Indepedent-within a few hours RTE called (they had got my phone number from the local post office) asking me to be on the show. Sadly they didn't get time to fit me in that day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

I think it would be best if the thread was locked as it is only encouraging internet vigilantism such as what happened with Dog poop girl in South Korea and potentially be putting boards at risk. Report it to the relevant authorities.

Advertisement