Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ID Please, Meadow Pipit?

• 03-04-2009 11:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭

Taken on farmland in Kildare, I've been through the RSPB bird identifier but still not sure.

B6C591219936407B9DDA521BDABD2032-800.jpg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭jmkennedyie

Nice pic! These "LBJs" - Little brown jobs - can be challenging, but it looks like a meadow pipit all right, and sitting on post is quite typical for them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭stevensi

AS previous poster said its a meadow pipit. Pretty soon if not already they will be performing their parachute display flight. They fly straight up and then glid back down like a parachute singing all the while. A great sight....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭nilhg

Thanks guys, I'm pretty sure it's these guys who flutter down the tramlines in the crops as I'm spraying, looking for all the world as if they are badly injured, then when they've led me far enough astray, soar up into the heavens and back to their nest.

Advertisement