Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Security Guards that think they're Dirty Harry

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Most of the security guards i have worked are part time bouncers, Theres one thats a skinhead and has a few battle scars on his head, Each one tell tells a different story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

Darragh29 wrote: »
    Read your post. Just have a think for a minute about what you have posted in that thread.

You've probably paid anywhere between 10 and 20 Euro to get into a club. You needed to leave the club for a minute and go to a nearby ATM, probably because they cleaned you out with the f*cking extortionate prices they charge for drinks, you decided to get a breakfast roll because you wanted a bite to eat and you are then grateful for the bouncers letting you back into the same kip that charged you to get in in the first place and then cleaned you out of cash so that you had to go back out to an ATM???

So what if you have to go to an ATM, so what if you decide to eat something outside the club. You've paid over 10 Euro to get in, what's the problem!?!?!?!

Totally taken out of context Darragh, nice one.

That leaving for the ATM anecdote was regarding not all bouncers being arrogant pr1cks as some people like to brand them. I never said I was grateful, nor said I had a problem getting back in.
    It's like this. I'm the kind of person, when I go out, I go out to meet my mates, I don't want to have to humour people standing at doors, I'll give them respect as I'd give a person behind a till respect or any other person in their workplace, but I won't grovel to anyone or start getting into needless conversations with people with regard to where I was previously or what I was at, that's none of anyone's business but my own to be frank.

Again, it's the bouncers responsibilty to ensure the safety of the patrons inside and themselves. They have a small timeframe to measure what type of person you are and this is what these questions are for. They don't give a flying f**k if whether you were in Pub A or Pub B previously, they're gauging you.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

Not this boyo. When he gets into a brawl, it's like a switch is thrown in his head and he goes all in. A scrapper if there ever was one, poetry in motion to watch... And the thing is, he's not tall, around 5'5" I've seen him getting in two brawls, once with a muppet doorman in a pub who wouldn't let us into the pub, "regulars only caper" and your man hasn't stood at the same door since.

Thats really cool, well done to your mate. how dare they not let in a violent thug into their pub? he sure showed them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭T-Square

jayteecork wrote: »
    That's not fair.

There's a lot to be said for just walking away from these people.

You are quite correct, it is best to walk away, usually.

However, you could have at least verbally stood your ground.

The chances of your being beaten, were very slim indeed.

I hate it when people are in the right, and someone demeans them, and they don't return fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭sub-x

All you people that posted in this thread will have to leave,REGULARS ONLY :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

While walking to school a few weeks ago i dropped a napkin out of my pocket. Some mad bastard with a dog came racing after me and shouted 'HEY! HEY!'. I took out my headphones and said 'hello?'.

He says 'You take that paper, and you stick it in the bin RIGHT NOW.'
    Of course, I wasnt about to actually do it after that so I said 'uh, no' and kept walking.
    He stood in front of me in the alley I was walking through and wouldnt move, all the while shouting his head off about how he was going to follow me home and tell my parents (I'm 17 for reference).

I pushed past him and he ****ing FOLLOWED ME. Then he started ranting about how I shouldnt be smoking and he'd call the guards.

Eventually he went another way but you know what the worst part is. I see him sometimes and he always says hello. Dude, we had a shouting match on the street, I'm not your mate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

You tried to put rubbish in someone elses bin and got caught, and acted a bit like a pussy as well :pac:
    jayteecork wrote: »
    I decided to walk away form the looney and whispered something under my breath, which he heard. He then proceeded to walk briskly after me!

I kept walking as it's a no-win situation with these goons.

I have a mate who carries a little plastic bag that the banks use for coins, around with him. If he thinks someone is trying to draw him into a confrontation, he'll take the plastic bag out of his jacket pocket and hand it to whoever is putting it up to him and say, "that's for putting your front teeth into when you'll be picking them up off the ground in a minute if you keep it up"...

didn't know there was any 13 year olds of boards

whycliff wrote: »
    this is no lie, and i wont mention the night club, but i was once dragged out of a night club for skippin the Q for the coats at the end of the...it might sound hard to believe, and your prob all thinking i was blocked drunk and causing trouble in the Q but....

funny thing was i hadnt been drinking because i was driving. And reason i skipped ahead was there was a couple of women rooting in ther bags for the tokens for the jackets so i nipped ahead of them.
    In true Rambo style the Security Man/bouncer came over, yells out "no Q skipping... out" or something to that effect, grabs my left arm bends it up behind my back to my
    Neck and marches me down 2 flights of steps some of which i nearly fell down out the back door telling me to go around come in the front and go to the back of the Q...

Its a good few years ago and i had only started college so i was young and slight at the.i'd step on his face now if he tried it, but he prob wouldnt because the type of him would only do that stuff to young fella's anyways...
    i see him around every so often and i'd love to rip him a new @rsehole...
    but i actually feel sorry for him because he prob wanted to be in the Gardai, Army, FCA or prison warden and was refused... not his fault he's a thick F*ck.

He saw you skipping the queue and threw you out, and its his fault?
    I know plenty of bouncers who have never tried for the Gardai, Army, FCA or prison warden.

• Advertisement

sendic wrote: »
    one of them was smart enough not to get a job standing in the cold dealing with a load of drunk idiots?

Ye thats like nearly as smart as working in a boring office from 9-5 for 40 years

Not this boyo. When he gets into a brawl, it's like a switch is thrown in his head and he goes all in. A scrapper if there ever was one, poetry in motion to watch... And the thing is, he's not tall, around 5'5" I've seen him getting in two brawls, once with a muppet doorman in a pub who wouldn't let us into the pub, "regulars only caper" and your man hasn't stood at the same door since.

Sure only if we were all that hard

It's like this. I'm the kind of person, when I go out, I go out to meet my mates, I don't want to have to humour people standing at doors, I'll give them respect as I'd give a person behind a till respect or any other person in their workplace, but I won't grovel to anyone or start getting into needless conversations with people with regard to where I was previously or what I was at, that's none of anyone's business but my own to be frank.
    Have fun getting into pubs then

RATM wrote: »
    I'd say pretty much any bouncer in the country would give you a slap if you implied his wife was a scumbag, it just baffles me as to why the slap you got deserves €20K. Must've been the Oscar winning performance, no? Ronaldo fan by any chance?

1) If a bouncer called me scum I'd have zero qualms about letting him know what i thought about him and do all i could to make a show of him in front of his mates and the general public, even if it meant taking pot-shots at his bird/wife.

2) I'm almost positive that your man's post about the "20 G's" is just made-up bullsh1t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

If your ever in the mill shopping centre in Clondalkin make sure to have a look at 'the Mill Cops' in there New York police outfits :D

they even have little cop badges :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Heineken Helen

Should have told him to fcuk off or you'd sue his ass.
    I hate security guards...even worse than cops..swanning around with their radios roaring in them in "code red, code red, charlie team go go go".
    I actually heard some gob****e saying this into this walkie talkie at work when I was walking into work.
    8 hours later I was still laughing at the stupid cvnt.

Everyone one of these saps harbours a dream that they're really cops etc.
    It's to take their mind off that they have the most ****e job in the world..even worse than working for Mr Binmen which is good honest work.
    These gimps just stand around looking tough and occasionaly drag their knuckles off the ground to talk into their walkie.
    And have you ever seen some of the jackets? Goddamn FBI jackets :D makes them look even more pathetic.

I was waiting for a train at Leamington Spa and there was a security guard on the platform, he actually said, in all seriousness into the walkie talkie:

'spa 1 to spa 2'

:D:D:D I swear I laughed for hours afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Quentinkrisp

I've had my very own incident with one of these self - styled 'Rambos' in a well known bank headquarters on the quays (won't reveal the location;))

I was taking a college access course in the part of the building that's used by the NCI - the "security guard" worked behind the main desk - i use inverted commas because i'd say he was just a glorified receptionist with a few delusions of grandeur, and getting to my tutorials every day involved having to go through automated turnstiles that were swipe card operated; we were give these swipe cards at the start of the year.

So anyways, moving swiftly onwards - i was going through the turnstiles when a woman behind me asked to scan her through as well since she'd forgotten her card - I, being the nice chap i was, scanned her in and then made my way to the coffee stall, only to have the security guy come after me and furiously demand my swipe card off me(it was still in my hand) when i asked he suddenly snapped it off me and told me that unless i could locate the woman that i'd scanned through earlier then i wouldn't be getting it back, and then launched into some bull**** LIKE 'SHE COULD'VE BEEN A TERRORIST!"(she was wearing a smart office suit, didn't notice any explosives on her) and 'endangering security'.
    kept on arguing and demanding he return my card as i needed it to get into college but he was having none of it.

eventually got my card back after i'd gone to the receptionist in the NCI offices and she had gone and spoken to the prick (he wasn't going to listen to me, i was just so pissed off at this fat ugly deluded twerp that i was struggling to contain my temper (i'm normally very mild mannered).

i have since had many more run-ins with him, usually where me and my mates are miding our own business and he comes up screaming and shouting at us.
    sO GLAD THAT I WON'T EVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH HIM AGAIN:D
    F*cking loser.
    Hope he never gets a wife or a girlfriend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

This thread has shown me that there's a lot more danger in drunken punters then there is in bouncers. Or are you all just acting hard because it's the internet?

I'd say it's the latter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

i am just back from a visit to barcelona, every security gaurd i saw had a baton + handcuffs, when they said no entry to some one, the person refused just shrugged their shoulders and walked away, how come every one seems to have a chip on their shoulder as regards authority in this country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

ROLF...... Just read through this thread....

Got to say a lot of the comments are spot on.

Wannabe cops who are to fat to pass the fitness test & to thick to pass the entrance exam (not all to be tarred by the same brush btw) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Wow! You must be really privileged to have a friend that beats people up for doing their job.
    It looks to me that he was right to refuse the lot of you if that's how you and your friends deal with rejection.

Are you going to sic him on me if I ever ban you from AH?

PM me for my address.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

This thread makes me sick.
    You losers don't know what it's like out there on the front lines.

Security Personnel are the last line of defence against the sort of scum that'll put their rubbish in the wrong bin.

I speak from experience.
    I done 3 tours at 'The Square' and 2 tours with Special Forces at 'Liffey Valley'.
    I know it all sounds glamorous, the radio, the sexy uniform, the attention from all the chicks.
    Truth is though, it's a jungle out there and the only way to survive is to be an animal.

If any c#nts tried to break in while I was there I unleashed hell.
    There'd be battons in the bollox, chisels in the hip, chainsaws in the f#ckin eyes.
    There's no way I'd let scum like that it.

I could have joined the cops but I didn't wanna get stuck behind a desk.
    Truth is, cops just wanna be security guards.
    We get to make a difference out there on the streets, plus our costumes uniforms are way more awesome.

So have a think about that before you start slaggin us Security Professionals off.
    Without us out there the streets would be awash with blood and society as we know it would collapse.

Advertisement