Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Declan Nerney Album Request

Options
  • 03-04-2009 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

Hey.

Years ago we had this album from Declan Nerney and I can't remember what it was called. I do however rememeber a number of the tracks from it

> The green hills are rolling still
    > Moonlight in mayo
    > Old man trouble
    > Westering home

And another song with the line

"I love my country through and through from cork and to kilaloo..." (sp?)

Thats as much as I can remember about what was on the cassette.

Does anyone know what it could be called? Someone suggested that it was called "Declan Nerney - Favourites" but I've not had any luck searching around music shops in Galway. :(

Please help, I would love to get a copy of this album again. :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

http://www.declannerney.com/albums.htm

Did you even Google for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Mikosyko

Jesjes wrote: »
    http://www.declannerney.com/albums.htm

Did you even Google for it?

Of course I did.

The closest one there is A Picture of my World but thats still not it.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

I think its called the Green Hills of Sligo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭doolox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Might not be available anymore. As far as I remember he changed record labels a few years ago. If the one you are thinking of was on Ritz it may not be available and more than likely wouldn't be on his sites catalog.

• Advertisement

It was on a cassette in the 1990s.

Some more songs:

Really Like to See You One More Time

If The World Turned into Ashes

The Sweetest Thing

Please Help

The song I mentioned above was called the 'Green Hills of Clare'.

I'm gonna chance contacting some magazines such as Ireland's Eye and Ireland's Own and Mid-West Radio.

Here's a draft:
    I want to enquire about a Declan Nerney album that was released some time during the mid 1990s.
    The album contained the following songs:

The green hills are rolling still
    Moonlight in mayo
    Ole’ man trouble
    Westering home
    Really like to see you one more time
    If the world turned into ashes
    The sweetest thing
    The green hills of Clare
    The album I’m enquiring about was on a cassette. I’ve found a similar version on CD called ‘A Picture of my World’ but the songs are not the same.

I suspect the album may have a Scottish theme to it.

I’m wondering if anyone knows the name of the album I’m looking for and if so, is it still possible to get a copy of it?

Thanks in advance.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Johnnyjump

After his recent appearance on the Late Late Show, with his niece, Una Healy from 'The Saturdays', Declan's popularity is sure to soar. She's an absolute beauty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭nuttz

I know 'Traditional' is not a very busy forum, but this thread is not related to 'Trad' music, could another forum (Irish but not Trad) be created for this type of thread, (E.g. this thread, Jimmy MacCarthy - Hey Ho Believe, Whats your favourite rebel song?, Christy Moore in Clare last week, The Dubliners)?

Advertisement