Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Assignment No.7: Unknown unknowingly.

• 04-04-2009 12:27am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The Rules.

*Photos must be in by 2 weeks of given task.
    *No old photos. Only photos taken with task in mind.
    *Photos must be on the given task.
    *ONE photo per post. Post as many as you like.
    *Do discuss in a negative/positive manner but be nice about it.
    *Stretch yourself.
    *Smile.

(If I've left anything out then pop it onto the current thread running re-rules and I can edit from here).

This assignment involves taking photographs of people that:
    1. You don't know.
    2. Are not aware you are taking their photos.

3405626060_65711b003a.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

It's N°7 :P Lovely assigment, will sure have fun with that! Here comes 007 :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,586 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

sNarah wrote: »
    It's N°7 :P Lovely assigment, will sure have fun with that! Here comes 007 :D

I made a mess of heading. It should be Assigment No.2 part 1. (Maybbehh?).

Yeah I think it's a good assignment in the sense that it is more than the equipment. This is about the eye, the brain and the confidence required to be invisably present. And sure everything else is only making up the numbers. Eye, brain, go thunderbirds...bosh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

humberklog wrote: »
    I made a mess of heading. It should be Assigment No.2 part 1. (Maybbehh?).

Yeah I think it's a good assignment in the sense that it is more than the equipment. This is about the eye, the brain and the confidence required to be invisibll present. And sure everything else is only making up the numbers. Eye, brain, go thunderbirds...bosh!

It's just Assignment No. 7...

Put down the wine ;)

It's just Assignment No. 7...

Put down the wine ;)

Is it? I would have liked roman numerals (11). Assigment Part Deux.

I can't seam to change it now so...

Ok, ok my feck up. I see it now. No.7 it should be. I think we need a Mod to change it.
    I know I've Mod stickers too but maybe you've to be a Mod of this forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭sNarah

Ok, ok my feck up. I see it now. No.7 it should be. I think we need a Mod to change it.
    I know I've Mod stickers too but maybe you've to be a Mod of this forum.

Trust me you can change it and i'm infected by wine too :rolleyes:so should be easy hehe

I don't think so.
    Well I remember a while back a guy asked me to change his thread heading on the Songwriting Forum (yes there is one!!) and I couldn't do it there either. There's a button somewhere...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Before i jump into this, just wanted to clear out how legal is it to take pictures of unsuspecting individuals?? Like i wouldn't want them to come up and be like "did you just take my picture?!!!:eek::eek::eek:" and all...

Before i jump into this, just wanted to clear out how legal is it to take pictures of unsuspecting individuals?? Like i wouldn't want them to come up and be like "did you just take my picture?!!!:eek::eek::eek:" and all...

That's the point of this one; confidence.
    Don't worry about legalities, it is if in the public domain anyway. But being legally correct won't save your ass if someone takes umbridge at being snapped. So what?
    Measure it up yourself and see how you go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

It's legal to take (and sell) someones picture without permission, if they are in a public place (but not private property, so a mall wouldn't count) and they wouldn't have a 'reasonable expectation' of privacy where they are.

Stick to the street and keep it at 200mm and you'll be fine!!

• Advertisement

3415907382_0d5a93f67e.jpg

Taken yesterday evening and only as an after thought for this assignment. Now I do know some of the guys in the shop but not this one. He didn't know he was being snapped. To my left there is a poster on the window and I stood behind it. Moments earlier I stood at the window while nobody was at the counter and brought his area into focus (my camera's a manual focus). I took the shot by blindly shooting with the camera in my right hand (I'm a lefty) with my arm outstretched at full.

I often try to capture these chaps naturally but they've cottoned onto me over the last few months so I was pleased to see a 'new hand' in the window. I always give the owner Sean (chinese) the snaps I take and he sends them home to his mum. When he was home earlier this year he took a picture of him and his mother in their kithen. All my pictures were on his mother's fridge...and there they were, quietly filling a space with reminisce. A space in Shanghai. A proper loving gallery in Shanghai.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

This assignment involves taking photographs of people that:
    1. You don't know.
    2. Are not aware you are taking their photos.

Agh! This is harder than it looks.......:mad:

Nothing yet but still trying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

I think this guy was a little too busy kite surfing to notice me :)

3212A4126ADF4DBE9CBDB5987DFBB005-800.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭salamanca

Walker at Dollymount:
    95DBACA9FEB34AC99C957A84B58F2279-800.jpg

I will try and get closer next time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭colblimp

5FB6B5337C094EAC8546F5B389D9D638.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭gottaluvlabs

DSC09980.JPG
    Anyone know this photographer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭alexandros

IMG_0679-800.jpg