Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting to UCD?

Options
  • 04-04-2009 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

Hey, just looking for some info on the above..

Do you think its feasible to commute from somewhere as far as Portlaoise to UCD on a daily basis for the first month or so? And by this I mean make it in before 9 in the morning?

Does anyone know of any bus services that run directly to campus or have any other advice concerning the above?

Thanks in advance for any info

J:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I know a guy who did it from Portarlington for nearly a year and got a private bus in and was generally always in before 9. Its doable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

get the train to heuston, luas to abbey street and wait for the 10 bus on o' connell street right into ucd. more expensive than a bus direct from portlaoise though. look up a monthly bus and rail ticket for a student.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

manageable but not conducive to a social life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭33% God

pathway33 wrote: »
    get the train to heuston, luas to abbey street and wait for the 10 bus on o' connell street right into ucd. more expensive than a bus direct from portlaoise though. look up a monthly bus and rail ticket for a student.
    The 46a sometimes stops at heuston.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

you could get some of those buses with X after the number passing heuston and going right into UCD. They are dearer than a normal bus but wouldnt matter if you had your student pass for the month

-Phuqer- wrote: »
    Only seems to be two in the morning that depart from Heuston Station and they are at 9:20 and 9:25.

Link
    There are definitely more than that. I commute up on the train from Portlaois on a Monday morning and arrive at about half 8 and there is usually a 46a or 46e there within 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭JayC5

Thanks for all the info folks, much appreciated! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Infernon

33% God wrote: »
    The 46a sometimes stops at heuston.

46E,You meant,of course ;)

Infernon wrote: »
    46E,You meant,of course ;)
    It says 46a sometimes and then other times it is the 46e.
    I think the 46a has a number of times that it diverts by Heuston

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Allniter

ye i think its definately doable especially if its only for a month. I commuted from Portarlington for the whole of first year. There is a private bus that runs from there straight to campus. Its very affordable i think the weekly ticket cost less than 40, also runs on time in the whole year we only didnt make it in for 9 about 3 or 4 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭JayC5

Cheers for the info folks!

;)

Advertisement