Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

fun

• 04-04-2009 12:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

im a long time game fan. iused to have the first atari and played tennis a lot and went the commadore 64 and mega drive so on so on. but i have a xbox 360 now and played wrld at war, gears of war and halo 3. im now looking for a new game. please give me your best game and why .a nd i just dont mean shoot them up games. oh and i like a game that will make me think and i dont do tomb raider by the way. peace be the journey cool runnings

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

RaceDriver: GRID - Quality racing game
    Bioshock - great story (First Person Shooter)
    Call of Duty 4 - Better than CoD WaW

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

For me:

Fallout 3 : one of the finest games in years (not for everyone though but surprising in that people i know and i thought would hate it loved it)

Bioshock: great story in my opinion but short (should be available dirt cheap now though)

Mass effect: another rpg but again seems to have appeal to the masses

Overload : worth have a look at reviews and videos to see if it appeals , i thought it was heaps of fun .

Rainbow Six : both these where great tactical shooters , even better when played with pals

Left4dead : great if played online with friends

PGR 4 : one of the best racing games on the 360 and also going cheap at the moment, got a copy in xtravision for 9.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭JackieRyan

Fifa 09:It costs about 30 euro new, is amazing, and has a great dwnloadable contact, a must, get 100 hours +

Mirrors Edge: Fast paced game, amazing, get for 30 euro in argos!

CoD4: has a much better story line to it but multiplayer is beter in World @ War.

Fable 2: A great exploration, anything goes in this game, a must have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 galley

Left4Dead - brilliant zombie game
    Fallout 3 - It's a huge game, with great close up slow motion combat.
    FEAR (2) - Great atmosphere, will get your adrenaline going. Scary.
    BioShock - Great first person shooter, the same as Unreal, but with added atmosphere, and Bioshock 2 is based in Ireland, looking forward to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

+1 for:

Fallout 3
    Mass Effect
    PGR 4
    Mirrors Edge

Also try the Orange Box, it's worth it for Portal alone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

+1 for:

Fallout 3
    Mirrors Edge

Also try the Orange Box, it's worth it for Portal alone.

i agree with these, i never played the other games so i cant comment on them but i absolutly love portal, shame i couldnt get into HL on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

I would go for Fallout 3 or COD 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Fable 2.

Fallout 3.

Burnout Paradise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

You could try find Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts&Bolts, while a lot of people hated it at release its a fun enough game and designing better and better vehicles to finish the challenges is one of the best parts. You should be able to find it cheap nowadays.

Look around on the XBL-Arcade, a lot of good games there you can get free trials of. Puzzle Quest is a must, Peggle is addictive, Worms is just plain fun, Braid is a great puzzle game.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pogmothone

galley wrote: »
    Left4Dead - brilliant zombie game
    Fallout 3 - It's a huge game, with great close up slow motion combat.
    FEAR (2) - Great atmosphere, will get your adrenaline going. Scary.
    BioShock - Great first person shooter, the same as Unreal, but with added atmosphere, and Bioshock 2 is based in Ireland, looking forward to that.
    "Would you kindly" tell me when Bioshock 2 is coming out?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Pogmothone

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    You could try find Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts&Bolts, while a lot of people hated it at release its a fun enough game and designing better and better vehicles to finish the challenges is one of the best parts. You should be able to find it cheap nowadays.

Look around on the XBL-Arcade, a lot of good games there you can get free trials of. Puzzle Quest is a must, Peggle is addictive, Worms is just plain fun, Braid is a great puzzle game.

Yeah Agree with ya there... Played the demo of braid and was blown away with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Pogmothone wrote: »
    "Would you kindly" tell me when Bioshock 2 is coming out?:D
    No release date set for it yet, but you'll be looking at sometime before the end of this year.
    http://xbox360.ign.com/objects/142/14240341.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Most have been mentioned already, but thought I'd add my faves as recommendations.
    - BioShock is a must. It's just very polished and atmospheric, the story is very good and the way it's played out is so well done. Play it and then trade it once you're finished.

- Portal. I can't go so far as to recommend the full Orange Box (although if you like Half-Life it's good value for the money). I just didn't get into the whole Gordon Freeman thing. Portal is brilliant - a genius puzzler with a bit of a sense of humour about it. You can weigh it up - if you can get the Orange Box for cheap, then go for it. Otherwise, Portal can be downloaded for 1200 points (about €14) from the Marketplace.

- Either of the big footy franchises (Fifa 09 or PES 2009) are a must. PES had the edge for such a long time, but this year they're both so close it's hard to call. FIFA is by far best online (up to 10 vs 10 human players!), but I have found PES to be a better laugh with a few mates locally.

- Rock Band / Rock Band 2: These are a really good laugh to live out the old Rock Star dream in your living room. Best fun is if you've got a few mates around to play it with, but you can still play online in a band with Randomers. I'd go for either above Guitar Hero, if you're in the market for one of these types of games.

- Halo 3: People can get a bit antsy about this one. Admittedly the story is a bit pants, but the multiplayer is great craic. And if you've a few mates over, you can all go online from the one machine (split-screen) against the world... More games should really do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Perrin

Don't mean to hijack the dread or anything but can anyone recommand a good basketball game or anything?
    I'm kinda finished with my fallout/gears/resi evil for the time bein,kinda want something different
    (I have pes too by the by)

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

I'm playing Fallout 3 at the moment, its probably one of the best value for money games on the market at the moment. It just has so much to do and it seems to go on forever, especially if you don't have alot of time to play games.

The Call of Duty games are great, its a matter of opinion whether 4 or 5 is better, don't let people make your mind up on this for you.

Viva pinata is a bit of a kids game but if your looking for something different then it might be worth a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

Pure-a great ATV racer,lovely graffics with mental courses something like SSX for ATV's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

17 posts on a thread about fun games and not a mention of Dead Rising yet?

Would sir care to mow zombies down with a shopping trolley?...No, ok...

Well how about slicing there lower limbs of with a scythe then dropping an over large plant pot on their skull?.... Not what sir was after? hhhmph.

Ok then...how about shoving novelty horse head masks over the heads of 47 zombies, whacking golf balls at them, heating a pan on a stove before burning a few in the face while they slip on the cooking oil you've thrown on the gound then running maniacally through the remaining corpses with an earth excavator churning there rotting corpses up, all whilst wearing a fedora and megaman costume before jumping in a car to plough through 1000's of the undead?

Not for you sir, even if you can get this game for around €10??

Bah, are you a zombie sir??......arrrrghhh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gino85

Indie18 wrote: »
    The Call of Duty games are great, its a matter of opinion whether 4 or 5 is better, don't let people make your mind up on this for you.

i prefered 4 but 5 is a good game aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

calex71 wrote: »
    PGR 4 : one of the best racing games on the 360 and also going cheap at the moment, got a copy in xtravision for 9.99

You sure I was over in my local Xtra vision this morning and they only had PGR 3 for that price. Still they had Forzza 2 for 9.99 and I think that is the best racing sim on 360. Though I have not played PGR4 only PGR 3 and most of the need for speeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

A-Trak wrote: »

Well how about slicing there lower limbs of with a scythe then dropping an over large plant pot on their skull?.... Not what sir was after? hhhmph.

Ok then...how about shoving novelty horse head masks over the heads of 47 zombies, whacking golf balls at them, heating a pan on a stove before burning a few in the face while they slip on the cooking oil you've thrown on the gound then running maniacally through the remaining corpses with an earth excavator churning there rotting corpses up, all whilst wearing a fedora and megaman costume before jumping in a car to plough through 1000's of the undead?

Dead Rising is fun when you just lark about doing whatever you want to, but playing through the story is a bit of a chore at times!!!

Personally, ramming a shower head into the zombies head and watching the resultant blood shower was always one of my favourite comedy ways to dispatch them :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,648 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

If you're looking for same plain basic knee slapping fun, try out Peggle.....

Harmless and great crack that you can just pick up and play

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭sandt

Geometry wars = brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

A-Trak wrote: »

This is relevent to my interests. 10 euro you say? hmmmmm

a huge plus 1 for fallout 3, this is the game that got me back into gaming after a decade in the wilderness. also gears of war 2 and halo3 for the online multiplayer and guitar hero world tour for drunk party fun....helps if you have all the instruments though.

Advertisement