Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jade.

Options
  • 04-04-2009 2:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭

Taken From Sky News:

Here is the full timetable for Jade Goody's funeral:

15250426.jpg
    Three hundred people will pack St John The Baptist Church

A team of Sky News Online journalists will keep readers up to date with news as it happens throughout the day, with a special Twitter page set up for the occasion.
    Our coverage begins before the funeral cortege sets off from F A Albin & Sons in Culling Road, Rotherhithe at 8.30am.
    This is how the day is expected to pan out:
    8.30am: A Rolls Royce Hearse carrying Jade's coffin sets off from F.A. Albin & Co in Culling Road.
    8.45am: The cortege stops at Bermondsey's Blue Market in Southwark Park Road where Jade's grandfather had a stall.
    9.15am: The procession arrives at Peter Butler House in Jacob Street, where Jade grew up. A wreath of flowers is left.
    9.30am The cortege - including four Daimler limousines, three floral hearses and a minibus - heads over Tower Bridge.
    9.30am - 11am - Cortege travels through the East End, along Whitechapel Road and past Stepney Green Station.

15247101.jpg Jade died of cancer on Mother's Day

It then joins the A12 and heads to Jade's home in Pick Hill, Upshire, Essex.
    11am - Jade's mother, Jackiey Budden, expected to join the cortege in a Bentley car behind the Rolls Royce.
    11.30am: Cortege proceeds to Loughton High Street where close family will get out and walk.
    11.45am: Family members rejoin their cars and make their way to St John The Baptist Church, Buckhurst Hill.
    12pm: Jade's white coffin is carried into the church by pall bearers and the service - conducted by Rev Corinne Brixton begins.
    12pm: The media watch the service from TV screens outside the church.
    12pm - 1pm: Five readers pay tribute to Jade including Max Clifford and her husband Jack Tweed.
    1pm: Jade's coffin is carried out of the church to the strains of the Beatles classic Let It Be.
    1.15pm: Jade is buried in private at ground near to the church.

A lot of us BB fans post every BB, so I thought I would set up a thread called Jade instead of The Post While You Are Watching one.
    It would be crass to use that title, so if you feel like giving your 2 cents worth about her funeral, go ahead.

I for one think SKY are going overboard, but each to their own thoughts.

Can I ask J Boyle to delete posts that are put here to flame BB posters.
    /Or whichever Mod is on today.:)
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

I have to say this is going toally overboard, especially the Twitter thing.
    The documentaries in my opinion were a good thing. Not only to raise money for her sons, but to let people see the harsh reality of cancer and how it affects people. Nearly everybody I know has a lost a relative to cancer yet a lot poeple dont see the grim reality. This step by step coverage of the funeral is a step too far, the docs were edited. Saw a comment on tv the other night and it made sense - that the News stations are beginning to turn into reality stations. They are everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thanks for starting the thread, SharpShooter.

I don't mind that the funeral is so planned. Nothing wrong with planning in advance. However, Sky News seem to have turned it into an 'event' like Funeral of the Peoples Princess - its running from 10am to 2pm. They've gone too far.

Putting this on the same level as the Princess of Wales is a bit much, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I completely agree re the Princess Diana feel to it.
    Undeserved and well, unbelievable really.
    Had Jade been working hard for charities before her cancer, I might see the point of it and I know of all the lives she "saved" but that is because of something happening to her that was out of her control.

But the funeral is going exactly as Jade planned, as Max Clifford said " A very Jade Goody Event"
    I have a feeling all those people would be there today regardless of Sky News and their cameras.

:eek:
    I can't believe they are throwing flowers on the hearse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭iregk

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭junior_apollo

iregk wrote: »

Was about to put this link on thread myself after reading it this morning... Parky was spot-on on this one i feel...

Heres a more complete text from papers:
    The Herald wrote:

Cancer victim Jade Goody came to represent "all that's paltry and wretched about Britain", Sir Michael Parkinson has said.

The broadcaster - writing in the Radio Times days after the reality TV star's funeral - also claimed she was "the perfect victim of our times".

He wrote: "Jade Goody has her own place in the history of television and, while it's significant, it's nothing to be proud of.
    advertisement

"Her death is as sad as the death of any young person, but it's not the passing of a martyr or a saint or, God help us, Princess Di."

Parkinson went on: "When we clear the media smokescreen from around her death, what we're left with is a woman who came to represent all that's paltry and wretched about Britain today.

"She was brought up on a sink estate, as a child came to know both drugs and crime, was barely educated, ignorant and puerile.

"Then she was projected to celebrity by Big Brother and, from that point on, became a media chattel to be manipulated and exploited till the day she died."

The 74-year-old said it was not the fact that Goody became famous that was the problem.

"What bothers me is that the media first of all recommended we hate Jade Goody - "a slapper with a face like a pig", remember? - and shortly thereafter tried to persuade us to celebrate her."

He said Goody was "the perfect victim of our times", adding that she "died to an orchestrated chorus of exploitation".

Goody, the mother of two sons, died on Mother's Day aged 27 after battling cervical cancer.

Hundreds of well-wishers lined the streets to pay their respects as her funeral procession made its way through the streets on Saturday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I too felt the funeral was a bit ott. No problem with Sky showing highlights but you'd think Mother Theresa or someone was being buried. I haven't seen the likes since Diana's. I suppose some might say it's not right saying Diana deserved a bigger send off than Jade just 'cos she was royalty etc while Jade was born a commoner.. Diana however was the most photographed woman in the world, was well known for highlighting good causes like Aids and landmine victim charities. I believe millions grieved and wanted to watch her funeral. I don't think millions across the world would've watched Jade's.
    I never liked her as a person, back in the day during BB3 where she bitched about Sophie. Then the Shilpa row... her and her horrible mother disgusted me through that series of CBB.
    In saying that, I had no problem with the Living Tv programmes or all the magazine and newspaper interviews with her... I watched a few and did find myself warming to her, she was a jolly person with an infectious laugh... and I shed a few tears too-don't give out to me all you Jade haters - I'm a soft touch:o. If she wanted to fill her remaining weeks earning money to ensure her childrens' futures..and to distract herself from the horror of what was happening to her then fair dues. RIP Jade.

Advertisement