Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passing Ordinary Level Maths in 2 months

Options
  • 04-04-2009 2:26am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭

Is it possible?

I'm a mature student who failed maths back in 1990, and never understood the importance of algebra, quadratic equations etc, and thus never understood what it's all about. Sums, on the other hand, I had no trouble with.

Anyway, I'm registered to resit the two Maths papers alone in the Leaving this June as I have lost the opportunity for several jobs precisely for not having passed Maths. However, due to life getting in the way, I haven't touched the subject since I registered in January. I will be able to focus on it from next week onwards, but I have to give the Department the name of the exam centre that I'll sit it in asap. Therefore, I'm wondering is it possible to finally understand the purpose of these things between now and the June exams?

How many formulae, for instance, will I have to learn? And if I learn them off (rather the much deeper concept of understanding them), would that be sufficient to pass?

Thanks a million.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,228 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's possible, but you should really look into getting some classes/grinds. It will be very difficult trying to do it on your own.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭pervertedcoffee

Hey! Considering I am also excruciatingly bad at maths I'm afraid that I can't give you much help in trying to study for the maths LC but I thought it might be consolation to know that the majority of my pass maths class (including me :3) failed our Pre's and it ain't looking good atm. :D But shure we'll be grand...I hope...two months of study later...best of luck!

Advertisement