Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb traffic monitor strangeness

Options
  • 04-04-2009 5:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭

Last night, the traffic monitor told me I had used roughly 33 gigs in the past 30 days.
    I then proceeded to download approx. 10 gigs of content (according to the monitor), yet the new grand total now appears to be 52 gigs - putting me slightly over the threshold for my package with them.

Now, I'm not worried about the fact that the system thinks I hit 52 gigs, given that there's some small amount of leeway allowed before throttling is put into place but I'd still rather find out where this magic figure came from.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this lately? I'll have to call them to get it sorted out, I know that, but I'd feel safer knowing I'm not the only one to see strange behavior like this :)

*edit* And some brief browsing later I find: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055524755
    Sorry for the new thread so - can a mod merge the threads or something please?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

Hey Zoro,

Thanks for the feedback. We've used this and we think we've found and squished another bug with the data collection process. Should be OK now - thank you again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

Excellent, and I didn't even have to ring support :)
    Thanks for the update

• Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

We read boards too :-)

Heh. Now all we need is some CS people on twitter ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Digiweb wrote: »
    We read boards too :-)

I hope ye do given that ye host it!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Davidhogan_3

I'm having a problem with my own metro broadband. We have metro home which has the 30 gb limit. I went over it and so my speed was reduced. But have since gotten under my 30 day limit. Its now on 25.83gb but the speed is still running slow, why would that be?

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Seeing the same thing myself. I've been under 25GB for the last few days but no speed increase as yet

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Davidhogan_3

Well thank god at least i ain't the only one

The monitoring site doesn't seem to be able to recognise my modem ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

zoro wrote: »
    I'd still rather find out where this magic figure came from

It's possible they're factoring outbound traffic into this figure as well as inbound (maybe Digiweb can confirm?). If you're using bittorrent, this may account for higher outbound-to-inbound ratio than expected.

• Advertisement

I rarely, if ever, use bittorrent. I considered the possibility that it was upload traffic aswell, but it just didn't make sense, considering how little I had uploaded in comparison to the downloads.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Digiweb do include both upload and download in their caps. That being said the traffic monitor will, when its working, give the cumulative upload and download totals

Yeah I know :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Certainly my traffic stats only seem to have a vague connection to reality.

Advertisement