Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal v Manchester City (Kick Off: 3pm)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Papa S wrote: »
    He was wrecked tired. Don't have the figures, but hes played a ridiculous amount of first team games since he joined the gunners.

/edit: feckin iraqgoals down again. Anyone find a better stream?

That is sort of my point.. If he stayed fit, he wouldn't have had the rest he has for the past few weeks, thus would very likely have continued on the form that he was on..

Anyway, tis great to see him back to his normal self.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't he well off form between returning from the Euro's and his injury?

I live with an Arsenal fan and I remember him being pretty damn mystified as to what was wrong with him..

While not as on fire as last season, he was getting a lot of assists (pretty sure he was the top 'assister' in the PL)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Galvasean wrote: »
    While not as on fire as last season, he was getting a lot of assists (pretty sure he was the top 'assister' in the PL)

Ashley Young was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Galvasean wrote: »

Scored 1 and assited 3 in the 15 games according to this:

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/players/stats?id=38886&cc=5739

edit: sorry, misread your post..

Just to clarify that I am not criticising him. Am just saying that they rest that he has had in the past few months is exactly what he needed as he looked extremely tired and out of sorts before his injury.

City fans, good news, Eboue and Bendtner on :(

They'll both score.

Good to have Studge back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I take it the last 20 minutes of this has been fairly boring?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Papa S wrote: »
    City fans, good news, Eboue and Bendtner on :(

Haha Bendtner missed from about 6 yards and put the ball waaaaaaaaay wide. Eboue did one nice one two. Not a bad player.

• Advertisement

No shame in losing to a quality Arsenal side in their backyard, though we were shite in the second half and conceded two sloppy goals.

Bendtner....

He'll probably leave and become an AMAZING player.

Or he'll stay and bring his ratio down to 20 clear shots on goal =one goal scored.

ffs...

Good win though. Great to see Fab, Walcott and Ade back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

eboue looked pretty solid when he came on, delighted for him.

Great performance, 3 points in the bag, the spuds falling apart to blackburn
    HAPPY DAYS!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

redout wrote: »
    Fab is back with a vengeance.

Two assists this afternoon.

Really believe the Gunners would be Uniteds main rivals if it wasnt for his injury.

disagree totally.

their season imo had gone to the dogs before his injury....in fact arent on a great run about the last 15 games, virtually since his injury, thought i heard someone comment earlier on their great run, unbeaten in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Mr Alan wrote: »
    disagree totally.

their season imo had gone to the dogs before his injury....in fact arent on a great run about the last 15 games, virtually since his injury, thought i heard someone comment earlier on their great run, unbeaten in ages.

I do think our other injuries have cost us badly this season in the league, still plenty to play for in the remainder of this.

i was addressing Redouts point that the injury to Fabregas has been what has stopped Arsenal being Utds main rivals for the title this year. the results while he was playing & the subsequent upturn in them after his injury simply show this is just not true.

i agree you've had some nasty injuries this year. same can be said for a lot of clubs every year though.

• Advertisement

i agree you've had some nasty injuries this year. same can be said for a lot of clubs every year though.

I think we have been particularly hard hit this season.

lets just agree to disagree so.

lets just agree to disagree so.

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

arsenal's injury problems were compunded by their squad lacking quality depth IMO

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

disagree totally.

That run includes loads of draws though. Four consecutive nil-alls against teams we really should have been beating. Players like Fabregas, Rosicky, Walcott and Eduardo could have come in handy there.

Add in the Adebayor injury and I think any team would struggle to score goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I fully expect, should Arsenal buy a defensive midfielder, that they will be challenging for the league next season. Beyond that, I think they are challenging for the CL this season.

Advertisement