Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How painfull is paintball

• 04-04-2009 9:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

okay i've always wanted to play paintball when im older(im too young to play now+my parents wont let me)and i now u get some protection jacket but i've heard that is so u ONLY get brusies and i'll still have a go for the fun of it but i just wandering how painfull it is(even though noting u say will change me mind)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭ditpaintball

Just don't think about the first four letters of paintball.......

Some peopl find it sore, some don't. In general, when you are in a game and the action is going and you are all pumped up, you feel a slight sting for a moment but it passes. In serious competion, you can wear chest protect, arm and knee pads etc, so the amount of places to get shot at are reducting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

In serious competition in Australia you wear less padding. The softer the target the more likely the ricochet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭im_invisible

getting hit on the hand can sting for a while:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

It does hurt at the start (wearing only tshirt,light jumper and light baggy jumpsuit) u get used to it after a while but the head and hands are the worst! I only wore a mask so head was open and i got shot a few times there and it was quite sore indeed! I got shot 3 times in quick succession and had to lie down for a few min! And ive been hit a lot in fights but that wasnt as bad as the paintballs! Dont let me scare you away, it is totally worth the experience! I love it, total adrenaline rush!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

Wear a cup.

• Advertisement

kiffer wrote: »
    Wear a cup.

Lmao! GOOD ADVICE! Only guy in my group to bring one got hit withing 5 mins right on the cup

Jumpy wrote: »
    In serious competition in Australia you wear less padding. The softer the target the more likely the ricochet.

you mean more padding.... as the padding is soft and thus promotes the ball to bounce off you and not break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

You'll be sore if someone one shoots you from 4 foot or so away...

....or if you're wearing a orange jumpsuit (given to the stags), you'll be f**ked by both teams.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I played for the first time yesterday, out in County Limerick, and the only time it hurt was from a close-range shot to the neck. Was hit in the hand twice, shoulder once, chest once and head thrice, but only the neck-shot hurt. It stings a bit now (36 hours on) but I only notice that when I put pressure on it.

you mean more padding.... as the padding is soft and thus promotes the ball to bounce off you and not break

I would have thought less padding too as usually the padding is hard foam/plastic which would make the paintballs explode but if you wear a baggy jumpsuit it would have less of a chance of bursting as the fabric would slow down the paintball before it hit the body.

• Advertisement

nope, in tournaments our gear is al soft as possible. padding is soft and hence better chance for a paintball to hit it and just bounce, where as if it broke, it would mean a hit.

Check it out
    http://www.paintballer.ie/playing-gear/2405-planet-eclipse-2009-playing-gear.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Rush@)=(~

COOOOL now it sound like a lot of fun:)
    :):):):):):)

It is it a lot of fun. And if you are into it enough, it is not as expensive as you may think,

Check out some of our videos here:
    http://www.paintballer.ie/local-news-desk/753-speedball-open-day-s-o-d-series.html

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭sean0

I played up in frontier paintball last year.I just had the overalls they give you.I didn't see anyone wearing Armour, people just had the helmet and that was it.There was this huge Polish guy, he was over 6ft and fat.He was running around in a t-shirt and everyone just made him their #1 target ha.

When you get hit it stings for a few seconds but thats it really.You might be left with a few red marks when your done playing but nothing life threatening :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

The place I went to gave us blue overalls and I wore a thick jumper underneath but to be honest I prefered the monentary pain of being shot to doubley sweating it up.

Truth is yes it hurts but your mind will be so instantly focused on revenge that you won't notice the pain.

I would say the worst thing you have to watch out for is the "sportsmanship" of other players. The no-head-shot rule is there for a reason. THAT REALLY F**KING HURTS. Honestly I've seen people walking back to their bases and have scumbags chase up behind them just to get a cheap back-of-the-head-shot. Theres no victory in that.

Shot in the arm/chest/torso - no biggie.

Also, in the the tournament version we play, called speedball. There is no minimum distance. So it is common to get shot from less than a meter away :)

Advertisement