Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

windows 3.1 on N95

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Amazing. :D

*runs off to install Windows NT on iPhone*

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It's running in www.dosbox.com :)
    An open source DOS emulator for BeOS, Linux, Mac OS X, OS/2, and Windows. Primarily focuses on running DOS Games.

http://www.frazpc.pl/b/232621

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bluefrog

But why? Maybe I'm getting old and jaded but 'just because you can' is wearing kind of thin :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

sweet this may make me change back to nokia, running a better OS than the orinigal :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

They've moved to the next level and installed windows 98 on a N95 too. It's pretty cool, i want a dosbox version that'll run on my 5800:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Does the UI on an iPhone remind anyone of Windows 3.1? All the icons out on a "desktop" and Apple are talking of grouping Apps into folders. Sound familiar?

*fondly remembers shelling out into DOS*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Amazing. :D

*runs off to install Windows NT on iPhone*

http://www.ipodlinux.org/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

CivilEx wrote: »
    Does the UI on an iPhone remind anyone of Windows 3.1? All the icons out on a "desktop" and Apple are talking of grouping Apps into folders. Sound familiar?

*fondly remembers shelling out into DOS*

iPhone runs a cut down version of the UNIX-based Mac OS X, the operating system that runs on Apple's computers.

If anything, it looks more like the Apple 'Simple Finder' which has been around since the 1980s original Mac OS. It is a simplified 'finder' (like windows explorer) which only gives a user access to a set list of applications. The idea is that a school or parent could restrict an account for a kid, or so that you could use the machine as a kiosk in a public area e.g. a library etc.

control7.jpg

Advertisement