Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cut the dole!! Way too many leeches

Options
14567810»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭WillieCocker

thebman wrote: »
    I don't think that is possible. How do you know they were on the dole that long?

Maybe they got a job and went back on it later.

I'm not going into details, they are related to me, that's how i know all the details.

Oh and Ireland is not full of them, really generalise much?
    Sorry , should have said Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Fred83 wrote: »
    i say alot of them spent and bought like mad ejits during the boom so are under pressure to pay the bills!

you would think that the vast majority of those for example who worked in construction for the past ten years but who are now obviously unemployed would have accumulated some level of savings , i mean FFS , carpenters , brickies , plumbers , tilers , electricians , all theese groups had ten glorious years , if theese people need dole to survive , i have zero sympathy to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

i would have sympathy for some of them,but also yes some did really overpriced themselfs,many i heard took the wags abroad during the boom,the restaurants and such,speaking of saving,the clever other e.u workers did save up,one proof of this is the recent auctions where alot of buyers of the repro'ed machines where outsiders.

Advertisement