Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

taste spotting site

• 04-04-2009 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭

I don't know if any of you have happened across this already but I found it and liked it last night:

tastespotting

I also like this one: allrecipes

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I've saved tastespotting to my favourites :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

That tastespotting site looks really interesting. Will be cheking out some of those recipes.

I also didn't realise there was a UK/Ireland all recipes site. I used to use the American one but it got so annoying I had to stop. It annoyed me because people used to post recipes but a lot of them would use packet stuff instead of proper cooking from scratch e.g. post a recipe for muffins but using a muffin mix or a savouy recipe asking for a packet of dried onion soup to flavour it. Why not just chop up sone fresh onions instead of using processed dehyrdated powder? Used to really get on my tits.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

watna,

get your point, totally. Some of the Australian Woman's Weekly recipes do that to me.

That being said, my early cooking years were in France so frankly I feel the same grief with some of the Irish and UK recipes particularly with respect to margarine.

I like the UK version because at least I sort of feel I can trust the measurements to some extent (never like translating cups to weights). Mind you it was the US site directed me to it when I was looking for sweetpotato cake recipes.

dizzyblonde, I had a look through that tastespotting one...I like the idea, and feel further exploration is worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Calina wrote: »
    watna,

get your point, totally. Some of the Australian Woman's Weekly recipes do that to me.

That being said, my early cooking years were in France so frankly I feel the same grief with some of the Irish and UK recipes particularly with respect to margarine.

I like the UK version because at least I sort of feel I can trust the measurements to some extent (never like translating cups to weights). Mind you it was the US site directed me to it when I was looking for sweetpotato cake recipes.

dizzyblonde, I had a look through that tastespotting one...I like the idea, and feel further exploration is worth it.

All kiwi recipes seem to use cups too. I find it quite a strange method of measurement. I had to go out and buy a set of measuring cups so that I could bake here!

I'm also with you on the margarine front. I have IBS and apparently margarine is one of the worst things to eat for it. Not sure why though!

Advertisement