Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some help choosing a case

Options
  • 04-04-2009 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hey all, I'm hoping to build a budget gaming PC this Summer after my exams (grrrr:mad:), and I was looking at some cases that would fit my budget (~ €500 for the whole thing) but that would also allow enough space to make some upgrades as I get more money sometime in the future.

Anyways, the Antec Three Hundred seems to fit that description fairly well, but I've heard it can be a little noisy between the hard drives rattling and the fans going at medium-to-full speed. I'm really not worried about it not being whisper silent, but if anyone has this case, do you find the noise a problem or is it tolerable?

I was also looking at the Gigabyte Triton 180 and the Cooler Master CM690, which are in around the price range, the Cooler Master probably being the very very most that I'd want to spend on a case.

Otherwise, I'm inclined to think that the Antec is my best bet, considering I'd still have to buy a PSU, processor, graphics card, mobo etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-160-CM&groupid=701&catid=701&subcat=

29 pounds Sterling isn't bad at all for that Coolermaster Elite 335 case.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

+1. If you want to save cash get the Elite, excellent value-for-money. Three Hundred has better airflow but its noisier and pricier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭ColonelCarnage

The elite is a nice case and by at means get it if you have no plans to Overclock but if extra fps are you thing then grab the 300. I have built pcs around the 300 and its big brother 900 and although noisy bitches, they are tolerable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

I have the antec 300 and yeah the noise of the case fans when at full speed it's reminiscent of a plane taking off(seriously)!!!!
    But then at medium speed it's really nice and quiet???

I can't go on enough however about the sturdiness, strength and looks of it, everyone who sees it says "cool!" (even girls! :o) it looks particularly good with a few coloured fans on the front! It's got loads and loads of space, loads of options for extra cooling and loads of drive bays! Just read the reviews!

I've heard good things about the coolermaster 33x series though which would suit your budget even more!

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭toco123

Don't forget to purchase off www.hardwareversand.de

You'll save a lot of money and they have a nice PC Configirator so you don't forget anything :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭david p

I'll probably go with the Cooler Master then. I hadn't really been looking at overclockers.co.uk because I had heard some horror stories about it in one of the other threads, but I guess it'd be hard for something to go wrong with a case.
    Thanks for the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Overclockers charge the irish rate of vat.

Scan.co.uk charge the English rate (saves you a bit)

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭toco123

Last time I checked, Scan didnt deliver to Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

personally id go for the Cooler Master Mystique 631, but thats just me.

Advertisement