Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bull Bars,A Bars

• 04-04-2009 11:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

Anybody know if theres a recent change in the law about bull bars on jeeps or vans as a friend of mine was stopped last week and told remove it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭aravan

you can still fit A bars once they are ec type approved.
    I doubt you can be told to take one off though as there are a hell of a lot of vehicles out there with them on.

Who asked him to take it off? Garda , DOE centre?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 720 ✭✭✭fastrac

He was stopped at one of the multi agency checkpoints so im not sure who told him but its not the tidiest jeep in the country

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

aravan wrote: »
    you can still fit A bars once they are ec type approved.
    I doubt you can be told to take one off though as there are a hell of a lot of vehicles out there with them on.

Who asked him to take it off? Garda , DOE centre?

I work as a DOE tester, nothing has been said to us anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

probably just a cheeky gaurd, i wouldnt pass and heed, i even see caddy and transit connects with bull bars and big chrome spots, ive always had a jeep and ive always had a bullbar, and if you wernt allowed bullbars ,the doe center would be the first to tell you, or else it wouldnt pass its test,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭Deadly Dave

I am not too sure of the exact regs but UK and maybe EU regs say you can now only fit pedestrian friendly bull bars for the past few months. Older type bars already fitted are exempt. Old style bars arent being sold anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭leitrim lad

thats true enough alright,

but a gaurd would have to step very low into the land of begrudgery to tell you to remove the bullbar, off your jeep that was there of old, no matter how rough or dirty the jeep was,
    same goes for a customs officer, its none of their business unless its violating a law, and bullbars dont normally do that,

i rekon as alot of people do also that as usual they found nothing on this man ,so using the permanent chip ,which they get on their shoulder in templemore they tried to intimidate ,an innocent man who was going about his business in a dirty jeep, thats not against the law to have a dirty roughish jeep,

these multiagency checkpoints would want to remember that it is the tax payers they stop and intimidate that pays their wages,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭Deadly Dave

but a gaurd would have to step very low into the land of begrudgery t
    True , but lets face it, the motorist is the only criminal they can catch.

Advertisement