Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Running in Clonakilty

• 04-04-2009 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭

I going to be staying in Clonakilty for most of next week so does anyone know of any decent running routes in the area, I'm just looking to tick over for the week so runs of 4-8 miles would suit, maymyrun didn't show up much so if anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it.

I'll reccie the area when I get there but you can't beat local knowledge.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Ha! I was going to ask the exact same question yesterday. I did find a number of running routes around Kinsale, along the sea, which isn't too far away.

Try Garmin's trail network. It produces a number of results for Clonakilty.
    Clonakilty - Trail Network

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Cheers KC, I never think of searching MotionBased - straightaway I found a 5 mile route!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Highway_To_Hell

Clon out to inchydonny would be a nice costal type run, might be 5+ miles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Clon out to inchydonny would be a nice costal type run, might be 5+ miles.

I was going to suggest that, but that road out to Inchydoney is quite narrow and dangerous in my opinion as it is usually quite busy, especially at the weekends. There is a footpath for some of the way but then it just ends.

If it was me I would drive the 10 minutes to Rosscarbery. Park the car in the centre of the village and then do a lovely loop down by the lake area, across the causeway, down to the beach and back. To extend it you can do down the opposite site of the causeway and down towards the pier head.

I know those directions sound really vague but once you're down there you'll see what I mean :) Would be much quieter and peaceful than Clon.

Once you're down at the beach there is also a nice run by the cliffs at the side of the bay which will take you over to Owenahincha beach.

Advertisement