Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pulse 103 - Closed 10 years

• 04-04-2009 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

It's hard to believe, but the infamous Dublin youth station Pulse103 (later PulseFm103) will have been closed for a whole ten years on 30th June 2009.

Where has the last ten years gone? Nothing has come close to Pulse since their closedown... The closest in my opinion being ESG (later called Energy94) and Freedom92 (this closed in 2001 if I'm not mistaken).

If there was ever a station that deserved a licence it was Pulse.:o

RTE Pulse on DAB carries a lot of the old Pulse edited liners and some classic Pulse103 tracks. I wonder will they do anything for the anniversary.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

If there was ever a station that deserved a licence it was Pulse.:o

here here

i hold fine memories of pulse from back in the day.. they were very professional

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I have great memories of Pulse, I remember that last day of broadcast like it was yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

wow 10 years already I must be getting old :( I still have the last day on tape somewhere must find it and listen to it again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 375 ✭✭MILF

Where has the last ten years gone? Nothing has come close to Pulse since their closedown... The closest in my opinion being ESG (later called Energy94) and Freedom92 (this closed in 2001 if I'm not mistaken).

You know Aidan Power from Rte? That's the famous DJ Power from Freedom 92!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭zainabc

heard it on the day it was 10 yrs ago
    rte pulse is good in the day they bang out few classics :)
    i like karl davis he does a good set

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Slicklink

Well if you liked pulse then you should tune into 100.3 in Dublin. Pulse 103 tribute all this weekend. All the old Music adverts liners etc.....on at the moment.

Yeah mad those 10 years have flown!

Advertisement