Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokia 6300 problems

• 04-04-2009 12:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭

im having problems with my nokia 6300

it takes for ever to open gallery and im using my wap and for some reason during the wap, it all of a sudden restarts the phone

whats up ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I bet when it restarts you dont need to re-enter your pin. Its not fully shutting down. I would clean the phone a bit. The 6300 is not a work horse of a phone. It has a very small memory which you possibly have full. Try clearing it a bit, transferring stuff onto the memory card and also redo the firmware. Text message cause a lot of slowness to phones so delete regularly. Your phone is just being put under pressure and does to reboot to try clear itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,464 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Davy wrote: »
    I bet when it restarts you dont need to re-enter your pin. Its not fully shutting down. I would clean the phone a bit. The 6300 is not a work horse of a phone. It has a very small memory which you possibly have full. Try clearing it a bit, transferring stuff onto the memory card and also redo the firmware. Text message cause a lot of slowness to phones so delete regularly. Your phone is just being put under pressure and does to reboot to try clear itself.

yap your right davy it doesnt do a full reset ie doesnt ask for pin

iv no memory card in it so ill redo the firmware

Would you consider getting a card. Card Option €5.20 delivered. You could transfer any music pictures etc to the card. Also dont order above a 2GB card for this phone i dont think it will support it.

Would you consider getting a card. Card Option €5.20 delivered. You could transfer any music pictures etc to the card. Also dont order above a 2GB card for this phone i dont think it will support it.

no point getting a card davy,iv no music or pictures on the phone

i sold my c905 and im using the 6300 in the mean time
    im waiting for the n85

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Ya 2gb is the max for 6300 and you are right about your advice ;)

• Advertisement

yap the 6300 needed a new update which i installed

the phone is running better but still does take its time opening gallery and apps

even thou iv deleted everything besides the bear essentials

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

Dont know if you have a fone menders where you live but they could update the software for free under your warranty ?

Im still having the problems with the phone semi restarting during wap ??

Thats crap. Lucky your only using it as a temp. Are you using the V6 firmware? *#0000# will tell you.

Unfortunately you cant do a hard reset with the 6300, you would need to bring it to a nokia care shop.

Thats crap. Lucky your only using it as a temp. Are you using the V6 firmware? *#0000# will tell you.

Unfortunately you cant do a hard reset with the 6300, you would need to bring it to a nokia care shop.

Im using v07.21 firmware

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    Im using v07.21 firmware

V6 was where the problems began. I cant think of anything much else you can do. Go to a nokia care shop if you can,,or redo the V7 firmware but dont do a backup of settings.

Advertisement