Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving bike at Connolly Station. Is it safe?

Options
  • 04-04-2009 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

Has anyone used the bike shed at Connolly Station? (down along platform 2 in the mainline part of the station). Is it safe? I'm considering taking the train and leaving my bike there for a couple of days. Any views much appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭NeilMcEoigheann

it may seem like a bad idea, however if you go for complete overkill with the locks cables on both wheels a u lock on the rear triangle, heavy lock on the main triangle, just to make anyone thinking of robbing your bike move onto the next and easier to steal bike, harsh but the way it is. is their cctv?

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭fasterkitten

In a word, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I wouldn't leave anything at Connolly station.

Except maybe an empty glass.
    In the bar.
    On a Friday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I have left my hack hybrid there regularly and it has been fine but I have heard stories of bikes being stolen. I wouldn't leave an expensive bike there.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭jeffwode

I hear you guys. I have a horrible old hack of a beater that I could use and I wouldn't really miss it if anyone was dumb enough to want to steal it. I think it should be safe enough, and it'll get me to and from the train. Will check whether there's cctv or not and post again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

would the staff allow it though, would the inspectors not ask for a bike ticket if they thought you were bringing it on the train

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ThomondBull

I often leave my bike there. Never any trouble with it being stolen but one day someone took a **** on the saddle. More funny than anything i suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭jeffwode

I had a look around this morning. There's no CCTV directly where the bikes are, but there's no way of getting a bike out without passing CCTV. I asked a guy who was working there (admittedly, not the most enthusiastic looking fella I'd ever seen) was bike theft much of a problem. He didn't seem to think it was. Saw some nice bikes there, btw including a ss/fixie I'd noticed before with a Brooks saddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

There's also a Cannondale CAAD5 road bike there and it's a pretty good bike but it's well locked up. Doesn't grab much attention cos it's black and no shiny bling bits to attrach the magpies.

Advertisement