Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Londis - 2L milk €1.39

• 04-04-2009 1:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭

This is on offer in the Londis on the corner of Church Street and North King Street Dublin 7. Not sure if it's a general Londis offer or if it's a standard or time limited special offer price. Applies to regular and low fat milk. Brand is Linwoods (NI produce).

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Good find TM

Supervalu have coupon booklets at their checkouts, one coupon is offering €1 off 2l Avonmore Supermilk bringing the price to €1.49

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I see Londis also have the 750ml of Deep RiverRock water fo 65 cent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭TM

The store that I mentioned in the original post is still doing this so I presume it's a permanent stock item/price (forgot to ask - sorry! :o). Anybody know if other Londis stores are doing it? Nothing on their website. €0.26 cheaper than Lidl/Aldi/Dunnes/Tesco/M&S(?) if I recall correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I would expect the big 4 to react straight away and reduce their prices to €1.49

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

TM wrote: »
    This is on offer in the Londis on the corner of Church Street and North King Street Dublin 7. Not sure if it's a general Londis offer or if it's a standard or time limited special offer price. Applies to regular and low fat milk. Brand is Linwoods (NI produce).

Londis in Ashbourne, Meath is running the same offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Brennans bread is 1 euro in Tesco at the moment if your looking for the bread & milk combo...

Bond-007 wrote: »
    I would expect the big 4 to react straight away and reduce their prices to €1.49
    The Londis price has been available since the start of April and they haven't reacted yet.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Same brand, although slightly higher price (€1.49) in my local Spar in Portmarnock. It's an odd time when a Spar is cheaper than the big store's own brands.

Tesco also announced today that prices of milk, meat and poultry products are being reduced in all its stores nationally from this week
    The price of Tesco own brand milk (already the most keenly priced in the Irish market) is being reduced by 7%.
    1 litre Tesco brand fresh milk is reduced from 87 cent to 81 cent, while the 2 litre product falls from €1.65 to €1.53 Tesco low fat milk (500ml) falls from 58 cent to 54 cent. All Tesco’s fresh milk is sourced from dairies in the Republic of Ireland.

Hmm, not the most keenly priced if Londis had it cheaper for a month

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭auditek923

linwoods milk is rotten to taste, and its shipped in from france and england. buy irish, buy avonmore

• Advertisement

auditek923 wrote: »
    linwoods milk is rotten to taste, and its shipped in from france and england. buy irish, buy avonmore

I'll follow my wallet!

How can it be economical to transport milk from France to Ireland and market it at below the cost of locally produced milk?

Tastes fine to me - in cereal and coffee. I don't drink milk straight. My 3.5 year old does and hasn't complained either. :) I don't give a toss about the "buy Irish" blackmail that some try to engage in... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jakestevens81

You can get 2 litre of Linewoods in Monaghan for 1.19 ;-) and it's only 95p in Armagh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭south

what brand is tesco's milk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

south wrote: »
    what brand is tesco's milk?
    probably linwoods:)

Whatever it is it is absolutely foul tasting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 tight budget

on shopping in harrys spar in portmarnock at weekend i noticed that 2ltr wholemilk and semi milk selling at a budgie busting €1.49.according to shop assistant this is a permanent deal..just to be sure i bought two of the 2ltr wholemilk and it tastes every bit as good as any other top irish brands.ive seen linwoods brand before on regular visits up north to my daughters home and have seen the product in most of the stores i was in.i think they have a large dairy in armagh so dont believe the rubbish that its imported from france etc...save yourself a euro or so and try it.ill post again if anymore bargains arise on my shooping trips.au revoir...

obviously an avonmore employee:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bargainman1

linwoods milk is made in armagh (which is in ireland) in da most modern dairy in ireland, newer dan avonmores dairy. its all on der website. also, it tastes evry bit as gud as avonmore. tink id rather not pay more dan i hav 2, its a lot of extra money in my pocket over a year ;)

foggy_lad wrote: »
    probably linwoods:)
    its avonmore, so is supervalu milk avonmore , just own labels

• Advertisement

linwoods milk is made in armagh (which is in ireland) in da most modern dairy in ireland, newer dan avonmores dairy. its all on der website. also, it tastes evry bit as gud as avonmore. tink id rather not pay more dan i hav 2, its a lot of extra money in my pocket over a year ;)
    its funny that up untill last year avonmore where supplying linwoods in armagh with avonmore milk, which linwoods then rebranded. now they are takin it in from england in tankers. maybe its pasturised in armagh, but its not from irelnad. its all surplus milk bought in bulk

its funny that up untill last year avonmore where supplying linwoods in armagh with avonmore milk, which linwoods then rebranded. now they are takin it in from england in tankers. maybe its pasturised in armagh, but its not from irelnad. its all surplus milk bought in bulk[/q auditek923 is propaganda minister for avonmore.spindoctor comes to mind..linwoods milk obviously a threat in 26 counties.fairplay to linwoods.long may it continue.ill keep buying if price stays same

its funny that up untill last year avonmore where supplying linwoods in armagh with avonmore milk, which linwoods then rebranded. now they are takin it in from england in tankers. maybe its pasturised in armagh, but its not from irelnad. its all surplus milk bought in bulk[/q auditek923 is propaganda minister for avonmore.spindoctor comes to mind..linwoods milk obviously a threat in 26 counties.fairplay to linwoods.long may it continue.ill keep buying if price stays same
    and its reasons like that , that this country will be in recession for a long time. lets all buy english goods,and do our shopping up north.

lets all buy english goods,and do our shopping up north.
    And why not? It sure is cheaper than the thieves down here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 THE_PERSUADER

was over in clontarf today and just noticed that in the spar(think its called o'haras) on vernon ave are selling this linwoods milk........ never seen it b4 but i think its 1 euro cheaper for 2 ltrs than the others........... COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 THE_PERSUADER

does this mean that linwoods milk is available in all spar and londis stores????????????????????????????

Where do Lidl and Aldi get their milk from? I do know it comes from Norn Iron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dealhunter123

its funny that up untill last year avonmore where supplying linwoods in armagh with avonmore milk, which linwoods then rebranded. now they are takin it in from england in tankers. maybe its pasturised in armagh, but its not from irelnad. its all surplus milk bought in bulk

I live in Armagh near Linwoods and I know a lot about their business.
    All Linwoods milk is purchased from Northern Ireland dairy farmers. In October 2004 Linwoods opened a new milk processing plant which is the most modern, most efficient and most hygienic dairy in Ireland. Linwoods supply milk to 1500 retail stores in NI every day and have been doing so for the past 25 years. Since the start of 2009 Linwoods are offering fresh milk to the Republic of Ireland retail stores at NI prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dealhunter123

Where do Lidl and Aldi get their milk from? I do know it comes from Norn Iron.
    Strathroy

• Advertisement

Dunnes 2l at €1.49, 1l at €0.79
    Tesco 2l at €1.50, 1l at €0.79
    Lidl have 2l at €1.53, 1l at €0.81

Since when?

Since when?

Today

see that linwoods milk is on sale at spar in saggart at €1.49..

was over in clontarf today and just noticed that in the spar(think its called o'haras) on vernon ave are selling this linwoods milk........ never seen it b4 but i think its 1 euro cheaper for 2 ltrs than the others........... COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    yes thats rite mr persuader.also up the street from o haras at nolans supermarket.a friend from that area told me last nite. this quality cheap milk is spreading around dublin quicker than swine flu..:D:D

its avonmore, so is supervalu milk avonmore , just own labels
    And yet it tastes "foul" to at least one poster above? Maybe people need to do some (double) blind taste testing?

Just curious - does the fact that you did not deny/rebut the accusations of having some vested interest in Avonmore earlier mean that you do have?

• Advertisement
Advertisement