Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pampers nappies

Options
  • 04-04-2009 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭

I mind my little niece regularly and always buy pampers nappies but the last packet ive bought i noticed that a good few of them have ripped at the sides and the little crystals spill out making a huge mess and near destroying some clothes and carpets etc. ive only had this problem with this packet and im going to email pampers about it but wondering if anyone else noticed the same thing or heard about a fault?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

Are the nappies wet when this happens? It they are wet you may be leaving it too long between changes.

Are you sure the nappies are big enough for the child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭ChickCool

yes there wet otherwise there wouldnt be any crystals.i use the same size her mother uses and its never happened me or her mother before this pack.im not leaving her to long between changes,once it happened when she had the nappy on for 20 mins.i just want to know if anyone else has experienced this fault?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Wow never heard of this happening with pampers.

I have returned a few items to Pampers for different reasons in work and they are brillant to deal with.

I would note the bar code and serial number from the box, they may ask you to post a example to them and in about 14 days they will get back to you.

Love to know the out come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭ChickCool

yeah im really ticked off.it made such a ridiculous mess and that stuff is so hard to get out.i thought it might be the girl scratching at it or pulling it or something the first time but it happened again and again.Its such a mess ive just left them and bought a different brand.her mom said it never happened to her and still hasnt happened so it seems to be just with this batch.what probs have you had with pampers,will post a response when i get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I work in a supermarket so I deal with customer queries, nothing too serious, too much difference between sizes, padding off to one side, that sort of thing.
    Never heard of anything like this.

I don't want to be alarmist but I know my nephew who is 2 would probably eat this if he got his hands on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

how old is your child? I know with my first I trained at 2 as she was holding her wee for longer and then getting a big burst that would over flow the nappy, now my 2 1/2 year old is starting to get that way also. She wears pampers, they havent burst yet but if they did I would just consider too much wee, maybe it is time for the potty, If your child is less than 1 1/2 though you may have a bad pack but I would guess overflow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Birdie086

Buy either Tesco or ALdi own brand. Half the price and far superior quality, wont have half the probs, didnt like pampers at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Birdie086 wrote: »
    Buy either Tesco or ALdi own brand. Half the price and far superior quality, wont have half the probs, didnt like pampers at all.

+ at the end of the day they get covered in #1 and 2# the cheaper the better, what ever happened to towels? never did my arse any harm or cause life threatening nappy rash that wasn't cured by sudo cream :D

+ wtf ???? why are YOU paying for nappies if the kid aint yours :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Is there a cut in the packaging for the nappies? Maybe someone in the supermarket or warehouse sliced into the packet by mistake when opening the box (or whatever they come wrapped in) and this made a cut in the nappies themselves also. This kind of thing happens regularly in supermarkets and other shops. Bound to happen from time to time when people taking packaging off large bundles of products in order to put them on the shelf.

Advertisement