Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adriano kinapped or just hiding?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

He is probably in a gutter somewhere sleeping it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Hope hes ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Either way, I hope he's okay.

The chap was on a 12hr bender with Robinho before the Ecuador game I read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

Hopefully he is alright.!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

There's some badly behaved Brazilians around these days.
    Assuming he's ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

JPA wrote: »
    There's some badly behaved Brazilians around these days.
    Assuming he's ok.
    If he's not ok there are worse-behaved Brazilians

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

redout wrote: »
    He is probably in a gutter somewhere sleeping it off.

hahaha ya your probably right:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

hahaha ya your probably right:D

You're gonna look like a real a$$hole if he is kidnapped/had a breakdown

And I say IF

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 634 ✭✭✭pierrot

He's supposed to be a lovely chap, thats why Mourinho has given so many chances; he's not acting the prick, he's just a bit of an oaf supposedly, easily led. Hope these reports aren't true and that he's ok.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Epic game of hide and seek imo

Adriano Did Not Miss Plane, But Defied Inter - Report
    According to the latest news Adriano never missed his plane back to Europe but simply stayed in Brazil.

The situation surrounding Adriano and his failure to show up for Inter's training sessions following the international break is quite a serious one, and it's only getting worse.

Earlier today coach Jose Mourinho admitted he was seriously worried about the player, who seemed to have re-found himself recently after a nightmare start to the season, both off the pitch and on it.

According to Sky Sport 24, Adriano did not miss any flight and only made that up as an excuse. Allegedly he had already asked the club to be allowed to stay in Brazil longer before leaving for the Selecao's World Cup qualifying matches, but Inter refused to give him permission.

That's why he made it seem like he had missed his airplane. It seems not even his agent was aware that this had happened. According to the latest news, Adriano should be back in Milan by Monday.

This weekend Inter have a tricky match away to Udinese, which makes the striker's no-show even more unforgivable.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/04/04/1191744/adriano-did-not-miss-plane-but-defied-inter-report

Sounds like him alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/SerieA/Squadre/Inter/Primo_Piano/2009/04/09/adriano.shtml

He's staying in Brazil and taking an indefinite break from football because he wants to be with his family. He says he'll come back when the joy returns within him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,457 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i'd sack him immediately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

If he's turning down that amount of money his mind must be messed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

Yeah I think he clearly has mental health issues. Such a waste of talent.

Its all coke and hookers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I'm just waiting to hear that he hired 2 transvestites without knowing :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Tyranax

He's certainly......unique in modern football. I do agree with carlop, I think that mental issues could be at play. He missed an entire season when his father died and had alcohol problems. It's a real shame, he has such talent. I remember seeing him in the 04/05 Champions League group stage destroy Valencia nearly on his own. He had it all, pace, skill, stregnth to hold up the ball, and ferocious shooting power. And Valencia had a top class centre half in Ayala in that defence on that night too. A real what could have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

Havn't seen him play very much tbqh, but anytime I have he's been impressive, ferocious boot, almost (real) Ronaldoesque. Obviously has a temperament problem, few times he's struck out at opposition at inter, punches and headbutts iirc

also he was disgustingly good in pro evo 6 :pac:

Would be good to see him back to his best, I'd be a closet inter fan, but we might not see him in europe anytime soon/ ever again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Pigman III

Tyranax wrote: »
    He's certainly......unique in modern football. I do agree with carlop, I think that mental issues could be at play. He missed an entire season when his father died and had alcohol problems. It's a real shame, he has such talent. I remember seeing him in the 04/05 Champions League group stage destroy Valencia nearly on his own. He had it all, pace, skill, stregnth to hold up the ball, and ferocious shooting power. And Valencia had a top class centre half in Ayala in that defence on that night too. A real what could have been.
    Wasn't that when the big row started off, all I can remember is Cordoba trying to hack [whoever it was] out of it when he was running away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Best years he had were when he was with Parma alongside Mutu. They were some strikeforce back then and Adriano was a lot more focussed than he is now.

You'd wonder how much talent Brazil are throwing away when the likes of Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Adriano and possibly Robinho are getting their heads turned by the people supposedly helping them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭Tyranax

Pigman III wrote: »
    Wasn't that when the big row started off, all I can remember is Cordoba trying to hack [whoever it was] out of it when he was running away.

No, the row was in the season that Inter went out to Valencia in the last sixteen, in the 06/07 season. David Navarro was the one running away, because he'd just broken Nicholas Burdisso's nose. As an aside, one Inter player had a tatoo of the one of the quarter final dates on his arm, the tool, implying that'd he'd be playing there. What an idiot. Can't remember who it was though.
    Best years he had were when he was with Parma alongside Mutu. They were some strikeforce back then and Adriano was a lot more focussed than he is now.

You'd wonder how much talent Brazil are throwing away when the likes of Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Adriano and possibly Robinho are getting their heads turned by the people supposedly helping them.

This. Just look at that list of talent. A front four or any combination of that two is one that would walk into any team in the world if they were firing. And that talent is just drifting away....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I remember Adriano's goal against Greece in the Confederations cup in 2005. His performance in that tournament aswell made me think he would go on to be the best striker in the world.

What a waste of talent. He will regret it when he is too old to come back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

what a wanker, 180k a week and he needs a break, awww my heart bleeds for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

what a wanker, 180k a week and he needs a break, awww my heart bleeds for him.
    because money = happiness... :rolleyes:

If Adriano is unwell I hope he recovers both his health and his career, from what I've read it doesn't seem as though he will get much support from his club in that regard.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

In fairness when his manager, sporting director and club owner are saying to the press that "this is the right decission for him" and "hope he gets better" then you have can be fairly sure that he actually is suffering from mental health issues and not just doing a runner.

He has said that he likes Mourinho and that Moratti is like a father figure for him it's not that he doesn't want to play for inter, I think he just wants to near his mother/brothers/friends right now.

Hopefully he will be back at some stage next season.

Advertisement