Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle United V Chelsea, Live on setanta Ireland KO 1500 Match thread

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

I've never been so angry watching Newcastle in all my life, and not even because of Newcastle! Missed all 3 goals.

Just before Lamps scored a yuppie couple in the pub pleaded with me if it was ok if they switch over to the Grand National, for 2 feckin minutes they said, even though it was on in another corner of the pub. I reluctanctly agreed, and as I was being distracted the channel promptly switched the second Lampard's goal went in.

Queue a bunch of muppets laughing at either my devastated reaction, or the supposed comical defending of Newcastle.

2 mins turned into 10 mins and with everyone glued to the Grand National even though it was finally over, and Newcastle 2 down according to radio reports, I get up and leave.

God how I hate horse racing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Terrible start for Shearer with Bassong and Taylor ruled out, and Blackburn winning.

Everything just seemed to go against us today. The table is looking very scary indeed.

Maximum effort needed against Stoke next week, and maybe we can get something.

Hopefully Spurs will lie down for us the following week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

On their performances this season I really cant see Newcastle staying up.
    Which would probably be good for them as they could get a decent owner and a decent manager next year and probably come back up to the Premiership in a season or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Frisbee wrote: »
    On their performances this season I really cant see Newcastle staying up.
    Which would probably be good for them as they could get a decent owner and a decent manager next year and probably come back up to the Premiership in a season or two.

The chances of Fat Ash selling if we go down are slim and none. Not a chance he will take a loss on his investment, considering he turned down £300+ million earlier in the year for us.

What we need is to stay up, and pray to god that someone will come in and give Ashley his 40 pieces of silver to bugger off.

Advertisement