Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackburn Game..What just happened??

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

RAUL DUKE wrote: »
    On another note,how in the hell did any of the officials not see Mokoena's challange on Palacious on saturday!Even more sickening when you see what Palcious was sent off for.
    Ya surely himself and diouf should be pulled up by the fa for that and inciting the fans (Diouf)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

dmcevoy24 wrote: »
    i agree with hatch in relation to gomes. i think everyone has to ask themselves when watching our beloved tottenham each time a ball is crossed does your heart miss a beat ? I know mine does, if woody,dawson and ledley were honest they would admit it too.

a good keeper breeds confidence yes ?

Agree 100% - Come on lads, you all know it is true, whenever there is a free kick or corner, and Gomes starts to move, YOU are worried, will get there, will he drop it, will he punch a defender in the head and miss the ball.

Gomes lovers you know it is true - come on, one of you, just one of you, tell me in all honesty that when he is playing you have full confidence and don't worry about set pieces any more because you know we have Gomes in goal and he will command the area - come on..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭BOLT

John W wrote: »
    Agree 100% - Come on lads, you all know it is true, whenever there is a free kick or corner, and Gomes starts to move, YOU are worried, will get there, will he drop it, will he punch a defender in the head and miss the ball.

Gomes lovers you know it is true - come on, one of you, just one of you, tell me in all honesty that when he is playing you have full confidence and don't worry about set pieces any more because you know we have Gomes in goal and he will command the area - come on..............

Much the same as with Robbo...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

BOLT wrote: »
    Much the same as with Robbo...

imo in a different league to robbo , Gomes is a world class shot stopper , one of the best in the business.

Difference between both is robbo couldnt pick his confidence up off the floor when things went downhill for him and gomes has ..we all remember the fulham howler but there hasn't been too many since and its easy to make him a scape goat for last saturdays goal but what about jenas and palacios tracking their runners!..era blame the keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

BERBA wrote: »
    imo in a different league to robbo , Gomes is a world class shot stopper , one of the best in the business.

Difference between both is robbo couldnt pick his confidence up off the floor when things went downhill for him and gomes has ..we all remember the fulham howler but there hasn't been too many since and its easy to make him a scape goat for last saturdays goal but what about jenas and palacios tracking their runners!..era blame the keeper.

wasnt on the pitch!:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

its getting to me that a lot of spurs fans seem to be remembering the mistakes that gomes made and holding it against him. Most of which happened months ago... he is so much better than we have had in recent years. He has my full backing and i hope hes here for years to come.
    COYS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Hatch99 wrote: »
    Yes a week is a short time in football, but overall, my judgement on Gomes spans the season. He has made error after error which has cost us endless points. I held my hands up last week when he was brilliant, and said fair play, and dont get me wrong, Id love him to prove me wrong and have a wonderful 3/4 seasons at the lane, but what I am saying is that I dont think he is consistent enough to do so. Iv no problem with the odd mistake, every keeper makes them, but I simply fear I will be sitting here (if we keep him as no 1) in 12 months time, talking about more moments of sheer madness and more errors that have cost us valuable points.

Anyway, thats all I'll say on the matter.

Another clean sheet for gomes yday , thats 4 in a row at the lane for him!. think you should revise your opinion on foster based on ydays performance for man u. As i said before if he was anygood he'd be a regular for them by now.

Advertisement