Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightlife in Galway City

Options
  • 04-04-2009 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

So whats the heads up on the nightlife in Galway city on a saturday night. Where should a gang of us up from Cork for the night go tonight.

Ive heard Halo is good but the door staff can be awkward and CPs is where all the really young ones go, What about Karma? Whats the best club in Galway for having the craic & scoring?

or are the late bars better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Keith in cork

Cps is a dive, full of how ya's. halo is good but as said the bouncers need....erm...bouncing.:D

Karma has a better class of birds, cuba....mid range, gpo...kip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

I think Halo dont let stags and hens in afaik. So considering what your looking for CPs is probably your best bet, there are some young people who go there alot but theres also older folk in there from time to time to last i heard anyways. I dont think Karma is that great personally.
    Late bars are The Living room, The Front Door, Busker Brownes, Bar 903 and The Skeff but I could be wrong on one or two of those...

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Keith in cork

I think Halo dont let stags and hens in afaik. So considering what your looking for CPs is probably your best bet, there are some young people who go there alot but theres also older folk in there from time to time to last i heard anyways. I dont think Karma is that great personally.
    Late bars are The Living room, The Front Door, Busker Brownes, Bar 903 and The Skeff but I could be wrong on one or two of those...

Nope right on all. living room would be best suited.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Don't bother with GPO.
    Absolute kip.
    Trufax.

Cuba is decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Are ye actually on a stag? Cos if not ye could get into Halo. I usually stay in the late bars, Buskers, Front Door, the Dail, better craic in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Nope right on all. living room would be best suited.

Yeah best suited for not being able to move and constantly pushed etc utterly annoying.

Busker Browns or Kings head are good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Are ye actually on a stag? Cos if not ye could get into Halo. I usually stay in the late bars, Buskers, Front Door, the Dail, better craic in my opinion.

Too right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

You left out a very important piece of information - age.

Where you will enjoy will depend HUGELY on what age you all are.

Advertisement