Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need some advice!

• 04-04-2009 4:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hey, long standing member but going unreged for this one. Basically I (a 20 y/o guy) was with a girl who is a friend of my friends about two months ago. I thought however it was just a once off thing. However we have been together four or five times since, and I am really starting to like her, and she obviously likes me to some degree at least. The thing is I've never been in a relationship before and we don't really text each other or anything, we just kind of get together on nights out etc. (we haven't had sex btw).

I am really terrible at this kind of stuff, and I guess kind of shy as well so very hesitant to make a move in terms of forming a relationship. I'm not even able to tell if forming a relationship is the way she is thinking. My friends reckon that at this stage it is kind of time to find out what the story is, but I'm terrified to do so!

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Anyone? I'd really appreciate some advice! Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 paperplanes

If I was you I'd give her a text and maybe ask her to do something, like go to the cinema. As you say, she must like you to some degree, and it wouldn't be like a 'first date' thing at this stage either. Give it a go! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

If I were you I'd just pick an opportune moment and lay your cards on the table. What about going for a walk?

Tell her something like 'so we've kissed a couple of times and I think you know I like you. I've really gotten used to the idea of being with you but I don't know if you feel the same. I hope you do. We've gone with the flow until now but I think I want to make us a little more official. What do you think?'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Just tell her you'd like to see her during daylight hours to discount the possibility of her being a vampire.:D

Go for it. Text, call, email whatever and just ask her out.Even a night out, where it's just the two of you meeting up, with no friends or groups. Talk to the girl.

Advertisement