Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eirtext (non pro) problem

• 04-04-2009 4:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,138 ✭✭✭✭

When I am using the standard eirtext there is an ad for an app on the bottom of the text screen which I don't mind, but it causes a problem as it means I can't access the last number in my phone book when adding a recipient. Has anyone else experienced this or figured out a way around it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

When I am using the standard eirtext there is an ad for an app on the bottom of the text screen which I don't mind, but it causes a problem as it means I can't access the last number in my phone book when adding a recipient. Has anyone else experienced this or figured out a way around it?

That's a bit weird, I've never seen that happen before. Usually the last entry in the Address Book is the entry telling you how many contacts are in the list.

One way to fix this would be to add a contact called "Z" to the address book so that it's listed last.

Meanwhile, I'll look into updating with a fix.

Cheers,

Vinny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

That's a bit weird, I've never seen that happen before. Usually the last entry in the Address Book is the entry telling you how many contacts are in the list.

One way to fix this would be to add a contact called "Z" to the address book so that it's listed last.

Meanwhile, I'll look into updating with a fix.

Cheers,

Vinny.

:eek: I didn't realise you were here.

You, sir, have saved me a fortune on texts, and for that, I thank you. (yes, I did buy the Pro version :))

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    :eek: I didn't realise you were here.

You, sir, have saved me a fortune on texts, and for that, I thank you. (yes, I did buy the Pro version :))

Haha! Yeah I've been here for a while now!

Thanks for buying the Pro version, much appreciated! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I'm using Eirtext free version, but it appears to have stopped working.
    I get the "Message sent" when I send a text but my recipients don't receive the text message.
    I have tried removing and then reinstalling "over the air" and via itunes on the usb sync cable but I get the same result.
    It's a great App but I'm stumped as to why it doesn't work for me anymore :/.
    Any input would be really appreciated and to lackofcolour: Many thanks, it's a great application and I love the whole interface. If I had a credit card I'd have purchased the full version.

g

tallus wrote: »
    I'm using Eirtext free version, but it appears to have stopped working.
    I get the "Message sent" when I send a text but my recipients don't receive the text message.
    I have tried removing and then reinstalling "over the air" and via itunes on the usb sync cable but I get the same result.
    It's a great App but I'm stumped as to why it doesn't work for me anymore :/.
    Any input would be really appreciated and to lackofcolour: Many thanks, it's a great application and I love the whole interface. If I had a credit card I'd have purchased the full version.

g

Hi tallus, drop me an email at eirtext at gmail dot com with the following info and I'll try sort the problem out for you...

- Network you're using
    - iPhone or iPod, 1st or 2nd gen
    - iPhone OS version

• Advertisement

Hi tallus, drop me an email at eirtext at gmail dot com with the following info and I'll try sort the problem out for you...

- Network you're using
    - iPhone or iPod, 1st or 2nd gen
    - iPhone OS version

Will do lackofcolour. Apologies for not posting the info in my original post.

No probs, got your email.

Hi again!

Ok if I was a horse I'd be on my way to the glue factory right now!

I followed your instructions from the email and in doing so I realised that I never specified o2 in the username and password settings in Eirtext.
    I have just rectified this and specified o2 and the application is working fine.
    Thanks for the help lackofcolour, and my apologies for wasting your time on this issue.

G

Cheers, no problem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

This post has been deleted.

You already can, if you're talking about multiple accounts with different providers (O2, Meteor, Voda, etc...). It's not possible to have multiple accounts with just one provider at the moment.

See the More tab in EirText Pro (v2.0.3). Right at the top, it should say which network you're on. Tap the network name and it'll list all other supported providers. Pick one and tap the button again. Enter your login details and they'll be saved for that provider. You can then switch providers and your info should be remembered for each.

Advertisement