Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone ISP

• 04-04-2009 5:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭

Guys I just moved to Vodafone Ready To Go and I can't get the ISP connection to work i'm using a Nokia E51 I have all the correct settings and I double checked the setting with the ones posted here on boards. But I keep getting Packet data not available I called them up and they told me to go to a store for the settings but I already have this is there anything else I can do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭CivilEx

Guys I just moved to Vodafone Ready To Go and I can't get the ISP connection to work i'm using a Nokia E51 I have all the correct settings and I double checked the setting with the ones posted here on boards. But I keep getting Packet data not available I called them up and they told me to go to a store for the settings but I already have this is there anything else I can do?

What settings did you put in / what type of internet browser has the E51?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

isp.vodafone.ie username vodafone password vodafone all the settings i'v used are the same as whats posted in the settings section

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Try on the phone press the Menu.
    2. select Tools.
    3. select Sett. wizard to launch the Nokia Settings Wizard.
    4. select Voda.
    5. Follow the wizard's on screen steps to automatically configure the phone with the required operator service settings.
    Then try connecting to the internet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

cheers dude tried that isp still wont work live works fine using it now but I need ISP for gmail etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

The only setting you need to isp is the APN, isp.vodafone.ie. If it's not working it means it's not provisioned properly on your account and you'll have to call vodafone to fix it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭cahirhennessy

If I'm not mistaken the isp.voafone.ie APN will cost a fortune on a ready to go phone... The 99c a day is, as far as I know, only for access through the live portal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

If I'm not mistaken the isp.voafone.ie APN will cost a fortune on a ready to go phone... The 99c a day is, as far as I know, only for access through the live portal.

It's 19c a MB I think, which ain't bad...

Advertisement