Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone play "Tom Clancy's Hawx" on the PC?

Options
  • 04-04-2009 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone played "Tom Clancy's Hawx" on the PC? Has it gone on smoothly, or what? I've heard it has Starforce on it, and as this has killed my installiation of Windows last time it went on, I'm thinking of waiting on a version without Starforce to come out before I install it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 329 ✭✭BuddhaJoe

Have it on steam so no Starforce for me. I have zero issues with the game, runs smooth and its a lot of fun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,282 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I never dealt with Starforce... but then I borrowed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭ColonelCarnage

Oh dear! Is starforce some fresh new installation hell I have not heard of before?

I just ordered this from play.com for like 23 euros and I hope its good!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

playing atm, not having any protection issues.

Can someone tell me, how do I know if assistance is off? I hear a "ding" when I press it, but I see no visual cue so I'm just wondering how I can tell if its on or off.

Also, the right analogue stick says its for camera control, but so far I haven't been able to use it. Does it get enabled later in the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

You play the first few missions without it then they introduce it to ya in a kind of training mission.Around the 3/4 mission.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I'm trying hard to like this game but it keeps minimising itself during the game, by which time by the time I alt+tab back I'm completely lost, I've disabled everything that could be causing but, msn, skype notifications etc have come to the conclusion that its a bug. Anyone else with this issue.

Anyway I'm finding the control a bit iffy, from flight sim I know most of these movements are completely impossible and all the jets handle the same. I've tried kb & mouse, xbox controller and joystick (although my joystick does yaw on flight sim, it didn't work with this) and I'm back on kb & mouse again. Also to get the full spectacle of the game You gotta play in 3rd person view, I prefer cockpit which is shíte.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Indeed, Lock On ftw. I wish they'd make another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,282 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

L31mr0d wrote: »
    playing atm, not having any protection issues.

Can someone tell me, how do I know if assistance is off? I hear a "ding" when I press it, but I see no visual cue so I'm just wondering how I can tell if its on or off.

Also, the right analogue stick says its for camera control, but so far I haven't been able to use it. Does it get enabled later in the game?
    I never figured out the camera controls either.

Assistance should be quite evident. In Assistance on Mode you should see a path of traingles leading to your target, blue for air yellow for ground, red for missile evasion. In Assistance off mode you will have a 3rd person view of the aircraft.

watch in HQ

Advertisement