Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recomend a network

• 04-04-2009 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭

can someone recomend a network...

i've been away for a while... i used meteor about a year ago, my biill was usually around 80 euro a month...

i want to use the internent, and i text more than i call...

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

please help us help you by giving more information.

Do you want billpay or prepay?
    How many minutes do use on average/ texts do you send each month? Check your online bills to give you an idea if your not sure.
    What networks do you call/text, is their one that you would call/text most?
    How much internet usage do you want?
    Do you want to be able to use the phone as an internet connection for a laptop/pc?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭bacon?

Davy wrote: »
    please help us help you by giving more information.

Do you want billpay or prepay?
    How many minutes do use on average/ texts do you send each month? Check your online bills to give you an idea if your not sure.
    What networks do you call/text, is their one that you would call/text most?
    How much internet usage do you want?
    Do you want to be able to use the phone as an internet connection for a laptop/pc?

sorry,

i'd say billpay.

i've been away for a year, don't have any bills... not sure how many minutes i'd use... i'd mainly use it for texts.

would like to check emails when i'm out and about, would surf a little bit. you usualy get some sort of download limit a month... are these enough?

i've got wifi at home, so not needed as a connection for laptop

Well their is several options still. The networks do unlimited text plans for €20 a month to any network but this is prepay.

The data is probably the decider of which network you choose. Depending how much you want to use. There is 50mb for 99cent a day options, 250mb for €7.50, 1gb for €9.99............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Best of both, 6month contract in case you want to go away again. It's unlimited text to any network, and you have 100min per month for calls. If you run out of minutes than just topup like prepay. That is with 3.

Edit: You can use the 100 "units" for data as well ie 50min of calls and 50mb of downloading...

Op how much internet used do you want? Thats what i was asking in my last post, should have made it a bit clearer.

If you went prepay for example with o2: you could get unlimited texts to any network, calls for 30cent a minute to any network and 13cent for texts to any network. Then you could get email and browsing for 99cent a day up to 50 MB. This is only charged the days that its used so its not a subscription service. o2 has a service that is called 'my mail' and one of the email providers they have is gmail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Best of both by 3. Its a 6 month contract. Your bill is capped at 25. For that you get 100 mins to any network, 100 mins 3 to 3 and unlimited texts to any network, you can get a 1gb add on for 9.99 per month. You will have no issues with coverage for talk and text but to use the internet you need to be in 3g coverage so Id suggest you take a look at their 3g coverage map.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

3 just purley for the 1gb data add on!! first time ever i only spent 20 yoyos in 1 month!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement