Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GuitarHero World Tour Problem

• 04-04-2009 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭

My brother got this today and was all set up and ready to go but now seems the cymbal on the left side of the drums isnt registering hits. Ive checked it's connected correctly and it seems to be fine.

Any ideas or is it back to the shop with it in it's big box :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Swap the cymbals to see if it's the cymbal or the drum unit. You should be able to get it swapped in the shop or you can get it replaced through the manufacturer's website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

feylya wrote: »
    Swap the cymbals to see if it's the cymbal or the drum unit. You should be able to get it swapped in the shop or you can get it replaced through the manufacturer's website

good thinking ill try swapping those over and see what happens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

If it is the cymbal that turns out to be banjoed retailers won't replace it, Red Octane do it direct from this site here: http://redoctane.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/redoctane.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_sid=AZqPwvuj

Usually ships in about 3 or 4 days. If the main unit is gone though it has to be a shop replacement.

Thanks, ill give swapping them around a shot and if there is no luck ill follow that steps on the site, thanks for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

niallon wrote: »
    If it is the cymbal that turns out to be banjoed retailers won't replace it, Red Octane do it direct from this site here: http://redoctane.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/redoctane.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php?p_sid=AZqPwvuj

Usually ships in about 3 or 4 days. If the main unit is gone though it has to be a shop replacement.

Thats bullsh*t. The shop has to replace it if it is faulty. If they don't they are breaking the law, Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act of 1980.

• Advertisement

jenno86 wrote: »
    Thats bullsh*t. The shop has to replace it if it is faulty. If they don't they are breaking the law, Sale of Goods and Supply of Services Act of 1980.

True of course but with the amount of knackered units seemingly shipped of Guitar Hero it's much more assurance to take a replacement from Red Octane. Not saying retailers will refuse to replace it, rather they should be recommending people go to Red Octane.

well swaping didnt work and the option im given on red octane is back to hmv with it

calex71 wrote: »
    well swaping didnt work and the option im given on red octane is back to hmv with it
    Really? Should've brought you to this page here: https://www.riverstarsoftware.com/RI_Activision/page?WWGSubmitCounter=9&WWGThreadIdx=1&WWGPageTransition=1

In fairness though if HMV have a replacement available then go for it obviously.

Really? Should've brought you to this page here: https://www.riverstarsoftware.com/RI_Activision/page?WWGSubmitCounter=9&WWGThreadIdx=1&WWGPageTransition=1

In fairness though if HMV have a replacement available then go for it obviously.

link didnt work but when i go through process for cymbal on the site i get
    "This means that the main drum pad unit is malfunctioning. Please go back to the beginning and select the drum pads for your console."

After doing that, I get :
    "Please return this item to the retailer you purchased it from for an exchange."

**** that's not cool. Sorry man, but sure as I said, if HMV can replace then why not.

• Advertisement

**** that's not cool. Sorry man, but sure as I said, if HMV can replace then why not.

Ah no big deal , just a pain is all as it's a sizable box indeed to be dragging through town :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

You could just bring the symbol in and they will open a box of the new one and give you the one out of that. It would make it easier for all involved!:D

jenno86 wrote: »
    You could just bring the symbol in and they will open a box of the new one and give you the one out of that. It would make it easier for all involved!:D

ah test have shown its the left side of the kit unfortunately :( so not as simple as taking in the cymbal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭tommybrennan15

The same thing happened to me and I brought it back and got another one and that one broke again so i would say u should bring it back

yes was taken back last week , no problems changing it, all they did was check to make sure everything is in the box.

Advertisement