Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Zoo - 25th April

• 04-04-2009 6:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭

Right,

while I was on gallery duty today, we were talking about doing phototrips and how there weren't too many lately.

Somehow, the subject of Dublin Zoo came up. I'm stuck in Dublin next weekend for work reasons so if the weather is nice, come Sunday, thinking Dublin Zoo...

anyone interested?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

Would love to, have never been to a meet up. Was only saying during the week I haven't been to the zoo since I got my DSLR. Would the Zoo not be crazy on Easter Sunday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

Hmmm...it's a good point eeyore. Would Monday be better/possible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Well I reckon if we got there when it opened (must be around 10am, right?) we could beat the rush. Basically if the sun is shining we'll be scuppered anyway...

any thoughts? Either Monday or Sunday is fine by me.

Very true, just checked the website and they open at 9.30!

Either day suits me.

I agree with the idea of going early. Beat the crowds and hopefully get the better light. For me Monday is probably better, but either day should be okay.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I think DCC may be doing a trip to the Zoo on the Monday. It may be a way for the two groups (with a lot of common members) to meet up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

DCC was going to visit the Zoo on Easter Monday, but apparently it's one of their busiest family days in the year. The normally expect long queues to have formed an hour before opening. They are going to reschedule to another date & are arranging to get access an hour prior to the public opening.

I could ask if this could be extended to being a DCC/Boards outing if you like?

CabanSail wrote: »
    DCC was going to visit the Zoo on Easter Monday, but apparently it's one of their busiest family days in the year. The normally expect long queues to have formed an hour before opening. They are going to reschedule to another date & are arranging to get access an hour prior to the public opening.

:( Not sure I fancy THAT level of busy! Oh well. Maybe somewhere else?

CabanSail, the joint group outing sounds cool enought to me anyway for some time in the future.

I don't spend much time on the south side of the city. How about Dun Laoighaire Easter Sunday morning?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,164 ✭✭✭nilhg

CabanSail, that would be great, I'm out for next weekend, but might be able to sneak out to the zoo some other weekend, especially if it was possible to get in early.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Id be up for going either day :}

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I went to the zoo a few years back and it was a Holy day, the schools were off and it was JAMMED! I had a day off work, thought the zoo would be empty, but when i got there i found out schools were off! It also happened to be one of the first sunny days of the year.
    To be honest, it made no difference if you're there for pictures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Irelandseye2010

Heard some parts of the Zoo are undergoing a revamp is that true???

Now that you say that I do remember hearing something a few weeks back but can't remember the details!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

I would be interested in a Zoo outing, but not this weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

Just saw one of the papers (Daily Mail, I think) are giving away free admissions to Dublin Zoo and Fota this weekend, too...

Okay.

ANyone want to do sunrise in Skerries on Easter Sunday morning? Need to be there around 6.

Any interest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

Already committed to a 20 mile walk from Drogheda to Navan along the river :eek:

DCC have organised a trip to the Zoo on Saturday 25th April. Boardsies are welcome to join in with this trip.

It has been negotiated to have entry to the Zoo at 8.30am, an hour before the gates open to the public. This is normally at an added cost, but this will be waived if some of the images are donated to the Zoo.

If the size of the combined group is over 10 then the cost is €12.50 per head, if not it's €15.

I am away in London that weekend.

Anyone interested?

DCC have organised a trip to the Zoo on Saturday 25th April.

Sounds good, I'm back on thursday so you can count me in :)

• Advertisement

Would be interested in this.

I will be in Spain.

Will you be mainly on the plain?

Any other takers?

Those intersted please PM me name & phone number & I will have you added to the list.

Anyone who is interested in the early entry to the Zoo has to be there at least 15 minutes prior to entry at 8.30am

If you are late you will have to wait for the normal opening time.

Need names, email & phone numbers if you want to come (by PM)

Really looking forward to this, are you going yourself cabinsail?

No :( So many things on in a photographic sense this weekend.

1. The IPF Distinctions are on in Limerick
    2. The Zoo trip.
    3. Photographing the London Marathon.

I get travel, accomodation & paid for #3 .... so that's where I will be going.

Don't blame you. that should be good!
    looking forward to the pics :)

Dang, while I'd love to go, I've signed up for the exhibition this weekend! Why oh why do I always double book!!! :)

• Advertisement

Tallon wrote: »
    Don't blame you. that should be good!
    looking forward to the pics :)

Can't show you any of the pictures as they will not be mine. Shooting with their cameras & they own the copyright. Glad it's their gear as on the Dublin Marathon I shot almost 5000 in 4.5 hours. I will probably do more this weekend.
    Dang, while I'd love to go, I've signed up for the exhibition this weekend! Why oh why do I always double book!!! :)

You are not at the Gallery until 1pm, so you could easily do both.

Advertisement