Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this pistol under the 1J limit??

Options
  • 04-04-2009 6:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hey all,

I saw a series 7 gbb M9 online from a place in china and was just wondering is it under the 1J limit or not? It gives the fps on it as 345 fps.I dont really have a clue about fps and all that so I don't know if this is under 1J.:confused:
    Can anyone help me out?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭José Alaninho

TunnelWeb wrote: »
    Hey all,

I saw a series 7 gbb M9 online from a place in china and was just wondering is it under the 1J limit or not? It gives the fps on it as 345 fps.I dont really have a clue about fps and all that so I don't know if this is under 1J.:confused:
    Can anyone help me out?
    Thanks.

1J is 328 fps, so......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

1 Joule=328 fps

Its over the limit

Damn you José,beat me to it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Do you have a link to the site?

345fps would be over the limit(if it's with .2 bbs)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Mr_Kuthar wrote: »
    1 Joule=328 fps

Its over the limit
    1J is 328 fps, so......

No, 1 joule = 328fps with .2g bbs

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055353665

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

The Master wrote: »
    No, 1 joule = 328fps with .2g bbs

I stand corrected

• Advertisement

A common misconception made by many people.

I've linked to the sticky on this, well worth a read;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭TunnelWeb

M You wanted the link? Here it is http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ksc-m9-hardkick-full-metal-gbb-pistol-system7.html
    So It's over the limit yeah? ah poo....:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

TunnelWeb your in luck as Airsoft Eire will be getting that GBB in soon.

Read the top line:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=59662023&postcount=655

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Craigsy

Dont gbb and aegs from asia get stopped in Heathrow anyway, regardless of limits?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Craigsy wrote: »
    Dont gbb and aegs from asia get stopped in Heathrow anyway, regardless of limits?

Yeah sure, if they go through Heathrow...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭cherubaul

the answer is no. That pistol is fine you will have n o problems with it in this country.
    the cold weather over here means you will be lucky to get 310fps out of KSC most days. yes some very sweltering days in summer you might and i stress might not be able to use it but you will have no problems with the chronograph if you are getting one.

cherubaul wrote: »
    the answer is no. That pistol is fine you will have n o problems with it in this country.
    the cold weather over here means you will be lucky to get 310fps out of KSC most days. yes some very sweltering days in summer you might and i stress might not be able to use it but you will have no problems with the chronograph if you are getting one.

So it IS ok to buy?? Customs wont have problems with it etc?

Heh,im confused again now....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭spicymchaggis

well its still over the limit with 134a gas and it would be well over with green gas, you would have to then pay to have it downgraded. best bet is contact an irish store and see if they can get you one

best bet is contact an irish store and see if they can get you one

Yeah,seems like the best option.Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 31 a x e 15

cherubaul wrote: »

ive been doing some digging and have found something intreasting ....
    theres a professor who has been studying the whole joule and fps thing and has discovered that it is all down to the projectile's power on impact and not really the fps of the gun, personally im still slightle confused but i just thought id mention it ..... (and im not sure how credible this all is by the way) ...

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭Single Malt

The 1J thing still fully holds up. 1J is the maximum energy a bb can have as it exits the muzzle. This is also the point at which the bb has the most ability to do work (power). The power on impact will always be less, as nobody will shoot someone at absolute point blank range. Axe15, don't dig up irrelevant **** (also known as trolling) in an attempt to cause a panic to our less informed members.

Axe15, don't dig up irrelevant **** (also known as trolling) in an attempt to cause a panic to our less informed members.

Please do not back seat mod like this.

If you see a problem with a post please use the report post button

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

a x e 15 wrote: »
    ive been doing some digging and have found something intreasting ....
    theres a professor who has been studying the whole joule and fps thing and has discovered that it is all down to the projectile's power on impact and not really the fps of the gun, personally im still slightle confused but i just thought id mention it ..... (and im not sure how credible this all is by the way) ...

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

Fascinating, was it professor wheeto by any chance?

Because irish law defines a firearm by its muzzle energy, hence we calculate muzzle energy by testing velocity at the muzzle, and calculating the energy with the known weight of the projectile.

Kinetic energy in joules = M/2 (half the mass in kilograms) multiplied by V2 (velocity in metres per second squared)

That can be used to show that a .2g bb at 100m/s (approx 328 fps) has 1 joule of energy.

Tell professor wheeto his cereal is delicious, but his knowledge or Irish law leaves a lot to be desired.

Lads lets drop this please, the op was asking about one item in paticular.

As Sam has said the law is very clear on this.

Advertisement