Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recurring dreams about rats and flooding?

Options
  • 04-04-2009 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

For the last few weeks, I have been having dreams where my house is either infested with rats or flooding or more often both at the same time.:confused: I have also had a few other dreams where I had a pet rat and something bad happened to it. The dreams are never the exact same but usually contain both of these themes? Anyone have any idea what they could mean?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭kizzyr

When I dream about rats it is usually that they are at the end of my bed nibbling on my toes as I sleep. I wake up terrified, standing in the middle of the bed screaming at my boyfriend for help. Its horrible:( I checked it out and was told that it was a sign of struggling with the rat race in life and great stress in the workplace. As it turned out every time I have that dream I am feeling very stressed. Usually dreams about rats indicate some from of stress or fear in your waking life.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Following what the above poster said, flooding could indicate a sense of overwhelming ness. If it were my dream I would think of my association with rats (which is: ick, go to the wild out of my house!) and flooding (which is: something I cant control). So I would interpret that to be... what is in my life that I dont want there that I cannot control?

Dreams can sometimes give us hints at things that are causing us real life stresses that we shouldnt ignore.

Advertisement