Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which NFL Pundit/Columnist/Blogger do you most respect?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Tony K or Deion would have my votes for most annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Play by play: You gotta give it to Madden
    Journalist: Gregg Easterbrook
    NFL Network Personalysist*: Meh... Mariucci or Faulk
    Sky Sports: Jeff Reinbold

*Gonna patent that me thinks...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

I think Chris Collinsworth is a damn analyst of the game. Apparently NBC have him chalked in for the Madden role when big John calls it a day. He's earned it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭faulk28

Anyone know where Adam Schefter is gone? It says this on wikipedia, "according to many sources in the NFL, Schefter will head to ESPN after his contract expires where he will be the presumed heir to current lead rumor reporter Chris Mortensen", but anybody got any more concrete info. Not that I don't trust Wikipedia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

faulk28 wrote: »
    Anyone know where Adam Schefter is gone? It says this on wikipedia, "according to many sources in the NFL, Schefter will head to ESPN after his contract expires where he will be the presumed heir to current lead rumor reporter Chris Mortensen", but anybody got any more concrete info. Not that I don't trust Wikipedia.

Schefter has officially left for ESPN as far as I know because of a contract dispute or something along those lines. Don't think the reasoning has been fully explained yet.

Poor decision by the NFLN if true. Schefter was always very good for them. But at least now we can see how reliable his sources are/were or was he simply the front for the info that gets fed to the NFL Network. Don't think either party will do too badly from this move.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭faulk28

Sea Devils wrote: »
    Schefter has officially left for ESPN as far as I know because of a contract dispute or something along those lines. Don't think the reasoning has been fully explained yet.

Poor decision by the NFLN if true. Schefter was always very good for them. But at least now we can see how reliable his sources are/were or was he simply the front for the info that gets fed to the NFL Network. Don't think either party will do too badly from this move.
    Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

Jamie Dukes seems to be the only member of the Players Roundtable on NFLTA that talks any sense at all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Rod Woodson seems to be the only member of the Players Roundtable on NFLTA that talks any sense at all

Fixed your post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Rod Woodson isn't part of the Players Roundtable.

It's Dukes, Faulk, Sapp, Sanders.

I don't like Jamie Dukes when he's going off on one or doing a character or trying to impress Rich or whatever, but he definitely comes across as reasonable and level-headed in the round-table. I like Deion too though.

Marshall Faulk is a good analyst of the game but he doesn't hold his own that well. Sapp just gives people the eye/laughs his gigantic Warren Sapp laugh.

It's great to see though, the four together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Chanandler Bong

Karlusss wrote: »
    Rod Woodson isn't part of the Players Roundtable.

It's Dukes, Faulk, Sapp, Sanders.

I don't like Jamie Dukes when he's going off on one or doing a character or trying to impress Rich or whatever, but he definitely comes across as reasonable and level-headed in the round-table. I like Deion too though.

Marshall Faulk is a good analyst of the game but he doesn't hold his own that well. Sapp just gives people the eye/laughs his gigantic Warren Sapp laugh.

It's great to see though, the four together.

Yeah Rod Woodson aint enough of a character for the table, tbh i dont think marshall is either, they should try and snake michael strahan from wherever he is. I liked Dukes points on the rookie caps if you seen that one. Yeah Sapp's just kinda like a caricature token "Damn that ****s Wack!" type of character

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Warren Sapp is a clown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Royal Seahawk speaks the truth :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I thought Jon Gruden's work at the draft was excellent......... I look forward to hearing him on MNF.

There are v few good writers/commentators. Most of em are full of it. Some of the guys on NFL Network are a joke, I guess they are there so it is somewhat lighthearted. Sapp, Deion and Dukes are morons........

If Peter King got his tongue outta Tom Brady's ass he might say something good for a change. He is far too much a Pat's homer for my liking.

Rick Gosselin at the Dallas Morning News is good, I also like Nick Canepa over at the San Diego Union Tribune (he is a bit of an AJ lover though).

I read loads of em though.

Advertisement