Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 Best of Both

• 04-04-2009 10:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

Hi is there anyone on this tariff ? If so what do you think ? And how does the contract work?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

does it include international texts?
    can you get sim only?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

It's 6month contract, it doesn't include international texts.
    Unlimited text to any national number.
    100units which can be used for calls and data download.
    25e p/m, if you use all your units and wish to make a call top up. If not you can still send texts and receive calls.

Only thing I would be wary about is coverage as 3g is not every where.

Edit: You can't get sim only unfortunatly you have to get new phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Yes better half is on it. You get 100 mins to any network (half these can be used to call UK or NI). 100 mins 3 to 3 and unlimited texts to any network. You have to pay by DD. No need to worry about coverage. 3 have am agreement with vodafone so if you are outside 3's coverage you roam onto vodafones network so you will not be out of coverage or unable to call/text.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Blue_Wolf wrote: »
    100units which can be used for calls and data download.
    25e p/m, .

Thought they took the data bit out ? Or am I confused ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

If you are texter then it is class.

• Advertisement

long_b wrote: »
    Thought they took the data bit out ? Or am I confused ?

No they just stopped advertising it as customer feedback said it was too complicated and most people were only interested in the talk and text

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I'm on it and it's dead handy! Your bill never exceeds €25. only thing that bugs me is if you want to send a MMS you have to top up and you need to top up if using abroad. Also, I am going away next week and they dont have roaming in NZ or OZ so I'm going to have phone that is turned off and not used for a month! What a waste! :(

ChewChew wrote: »
    I'm on it and it's dead handy! Your bill never exceeds €25. only thing that bugs me is if you want to send a MMS you have to top up and you need to top up if using abroad. Also, I am going away next week and they dont have roaming in NZ or OZ so I'm going to have phone that is turned off and not used for a month! What a waste! :(

The reason you need to top up is because if you were on bill pay your mms would be added to the bill But as the best of both bill is capped obviously this cant be done. You wont need to top up in any country where 3like home is available to best of both customers.

if you are roaming quite a lot than it may not be worth going on this tarif but at least you will have peace of mind that you wont get nasty bill in the door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Blue_Wolf wrote: »
    Edit: You can't get sim only unfortunatly you have to get new phone.
    If I were to go for the cheapest phone available, would I be able to take the sim out and put it in any other unlocked phone? Or would that leave me unable to access Planet 3 or My 3 or whatever it's called now? And if it did, would that matter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Breezer wrote: »
    If I were to go for the cheapest phone available, would I be able to take the sim out and put it in any other unlocked phone? Or would that leave me unable to access Planet 3 or My 3 or whatever it's called now? And if it did, would that matter?

You could do that yes. You could still access my3 and planet 3 once you get the correct address. Which you can get from here if you decide to do that. The only thing is three wont support the unlocked handset if you have problems with it, no big deal.

Davy wrote: »
    The only thing is three wont support the unlocked handset if you have problems with it, no big deal.

Incorrect, the only way 3 will not support it is if the phone is not supported by the network. For example if it is an unlocked n95 originally from meteor then they will support it as they stocked the handset too. If it is a handset that was never in the 3 range then they wont, this is the same for every network

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Walkman wrote: »
    Incorrect, the only way 3 will not support it is if the phone is not supported by the network. For example if it is an unlocked n95 originally from meteor then they will support it as they stocked the handset too. If it is a handset that was never in the 3 range then they wont, this is the same for every network

Thats because your not explaining the whole situation to the CC. If you ring three customer care and say im using my meteor n95 that i got unlocked to use with three but i have such a problem with it, can you help?

Answer: we dont support non three handsets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Also 3 sims don't work in non 3G phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Davy wrote: »
    Thats because your not explaining the whole situation to the CC. If you ring three customer care and say im using my meteor n95 that i got unlocked to use with three but i have such a problem with it, can you help?

Answer: we dont support non three handsets

every CS agent is trained to give you that crap when you phone up. they make money off the phones and having more locked phones out there reduces what they call 'churn', makes reduces the consequences of price increases, etc.

the phone itself should be grand. if it complies with the UMTS specification it should work. don't let them bull**** you into thinking you need to buy the phone through them because it's just not true. you might have to enter a few settings manually but that doesn't bother me. its better than carrying some locked or otherwise crippled pos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Thanks all. Yeah it's 3g alright, I should've mentioned that.

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Also 3 sims don't work in non 3G phones.

I read that to fast and thought you said they don't work in 3g phones :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

just bought a best of both phone there w595 for 99euro's not too bad me thinks , quite like that phone be intersting to see how things work out with it now , even though swore i'd never use 3

Advertisement