Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature nursing aptitude test?

Options
  • 04-04-2009 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Did anyone do the nusing aptitude test today? How did ye get on? Does anyone know what its marked out of? I think i will get an interview(fingers crossed) but dont know if I made the top places that will get offered an place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ELISHA82

Hi User1

I did the test on saturday, think I got on ok, the numerical one was tough though, I was going as fast as I could and still only managed to get around 25 of the 36 answered and the last few of them were just guesses.did you get many done? does anyone know do they give you what score you get before you go to interview ( If I get one that is) or do they just tell you if you passed or failed.

Thanx Elisha x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭TERRIC

Yeah, I did the test in RDS. Only finished 28 maths and guessed remainder. Found the Verbal confusing and was a bag of nerves. Reckon I screwed up on at least 4, maybe more, of these.

Scores won't be released until end of June. Letter of invitation to interview sent in May will tell you if you passed or failed overall, only, and if you passed, you have to go to i'view to progress to next stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ELISHA82

Hi Terric

you seem like you did good anyway if you managed to get them all done, and if you only got 4 wrong you'l have done very well, the verbal one was confusing, thinking back now I no I got a few wrong for sure too, some of them just didn't make sense to me, but we'l just have to wait and see now, I'm dreading the interview now hope my nerves don't get the better of me and I just go blank or something.

anyone done the interview before?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭user1

U sound like you done really well. How did ye answer the skills questionaire, did ye answer honestly?

Honestly? Of course!! Used a bit of poetic license and perhaps bent the truth a little. The questions were all very generalised in nature. Some people that have scored badly in the first test first time round have put this down to not being honest or being too honest. I think the robot computer with the metal brain has the final say in that one! Who knows!!

I couldn't understand one, something about, "how has the impact of your pursuits/hobbies affected bla bla bla - just ticked option A..!! And this was bound to be wrong..!! Bad when you can't even understand the question and the answer options given, isn't it?!!

I'm sure we all did the best we could under the circumstances/surroundings/pressure etc.

Best of Luck xxxx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭trio

I did mine on Saturday too and only managed to finish 21 of the numerical and 28 of the verbal. But I do think that I got all of them right. At least I think so!

And I found the Skills one pretty easy as we'd done similar things in various HR training courses at work over the years so it was familiar. I answered honestly but I mean, who realistically was going to pick the option that they wanted to go into Nursing because it was a good thing to have a Nursing Certificate??? :rolleyes:

But what I found discouraging was the sheer number of people sitting the test. It makes you realise how few Mature places are available each year and how many people go for them. There must have been some geniuses there who completed almost all their questions and got them right. So what chance do I have???

Scary.....

Back at ya!! Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Except some crazy stress and a few more grey hairs...... Suppose we better work on interview regardless. Not feeling very motivated....

• Registered Users Posts: 12 user997

Does anyone know if there is another test date? I missed the test on 4th April and would like to sit the test at a later date.

Afraid not, User997. Next test date will be April 2010.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 user997

Thanks TERRIC.

• Advertisement

Anyone get news for an interview? I passed overall and got called, thankfully. Anxious about the interview panel and how I'll cope.... Anyone done this before with any advice. Need every ounce!!

Advertisement